Home

The major problem with the game for you?

This is a discussion on The major problem with the game for you? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #25
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The major problem with the game for you?

Defense needs an overhaul. LB play & control overall. After seeing what 2k8 baseball game is looking like, it makes no sense not to atleast match that graphic wise...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The major problem with the game for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
I guess I am in the minority because I think that this game is awesome. Name one game that has better overall and more realistic gameplay? In this game you can counter anything. You have to use your coaching skills and knowledge of football to adapt to certain situations (and stick skills). I have never played a game in which any team could beat you. It is refreshing not to see the Patriots, Cowboys, and the Colts every game.

I hope that they continue with the legends concept and just add more players, and attributes. I played 2K5 the other day, and that game does not even compare to APF (game play wise). They really fixed or improved some of the major issues with that game. I think people get caught up with wanting to dominate and win every game. If you are looking for that then this is not the game for you. This game offers so many little things that I find myself wanting to play it more and more. I continue to find a new strategy every week.

Okay back on topic:

1) Improve blitzing--that alone will change the entire game. QBs have to much time in the pocket against good pass rushing teams.

2) Improve defensive/offensive line interaction--allow the defensive line to shed blockers a little better (not a lot). 2K5 had some serious exploits with that.

Outside of adding more db and rb animations, this game is really good. I will be playing this game for a very long time. Is there any other football game that is better?
Agreed on the blocking thing. There is still some suction blocking going on, and it's really frustrating when guys who should have the position and leverage to make a tackle or at least force the ball carrier inside get sucked into blockers and leave the edge wide open for big runs. I don't think you should be able to disengage from any player simply at will, but I do think there's some toning down of the suction blocking that could improve the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »