Home

Greg LLoyd is a beast

This is a discussion on Greg LLoyd is a beast within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Greg LLoyd is a beast

Lloyd absolutely dominating against the run and very serviceable in zone coverage. Never really chose him before because I filled my OLB position with a Bronze guy, but I wanted a good player with FOOTSTEPS and Lloyd fit everything i need. And the fact that he has LEADERSHIP gives me more freedom when im picking players.

I really dont see Lloyd mentioned at all, and I think he is a good substitute for a Derrick Thomas. Anybody at all use this beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Greg LLoyd is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dley
Lloyd absolutely dominating against the run and very serviceable in zone coverage. Never really chose him before because I filled my OLB position with a Bronze guy, but I wanted a good player with FOOTSTEPS and Lloyd fit everything i need. And the fact that he has LEADERSHIP gives me more freedom when im picking players.

I really dont see Lloyd mentioned at all, and I think he is a good substitute for a Derrick Thomas. Anybody at all use this beast.
I used to, but things changed and I needed my silver spot. I picked up Robert Brazile, and he tackles about as well as Lloyd did. Hes a serviceable replacement.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

personally I like Bednarik better than Lloyd, but Lloyd seems to be a more popular choice online....I also would always choose Wilcox over D. Thomas when taking a gold LB.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm with Jdros here. Bednarik plays faster, hits just as hard, and is, I think, more versatile in coverage. The loose ball magnet thing is a plus--he's recovered more than one loose ball for me.

The only real advantage I see with Lloyd is that he has the footsteps thing, and that can make a difference when guys get alligator arms coming over the middle.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Mecklenburg is listed as an ILB but has run coverage as well as pass rush ability. He makes a great OLB to compliment a great ILB, especially in run coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdros13
personally I like Bednarik better than Lloyd, but Lloyd seems to be a more popular choice online....I also would always choose Wilcox over D. Thomas when taking a gold LB.
Only if you dont use him. If your going to use a player. I like DT better. He's blazing fast. If your good in manual Coverage he has the middle locked down.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Only if you dont use him. If your going to use a player. I like DT better. He's blazing fast. If your good in manual Coverage he has the middle locked down.
I will agree with this....Wilcox is no maintenance and great left to the control of the AI, but the speed of DT probably makes him really effective for the right person.

The same is true with D-Lineman. The gold DE's aren't really that much more effective than their silver and bronze counterparts if you don't use them. But if you do, for my money L. Selmon and R. White are 2 of the most valuable players in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »