Home

Making 2k a Better Game - Slider Settings

This is a discussion on Making 2k a Better Game - Slider Settings within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Making 2k a Better Game - Slider Settings

Lbz forgot about putting kicking to 100.
yea u can use them for leagues.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Very interesting. Even with the defensive sliders turned all the way up and some of the offensive sliders off, you can still score about the same. Not as many broken tackles by the HB's so I would say turn that back up to 40 or 50. Passing is still very good.

But alot of the things like pass rushers slowing up and pausing that stuff is corrected. More plays are made on the ball in the short and intermediate passing game, but I think some things are just the result of play coding that might miss the mark. For instance WR's getting deep behind Cover 4 - should never happen, but unfortunately the Coverage seems to have the DB's just pull up at a certain point and let the WR's have it.

They also will not fix the focus bug. It is random and changes depending on who the person on offense is hitting. It creates problem because it creates bigger holes for other players. Not necessarily problematic except I didn't choose this is how I wanted my zone coverage to work. If I wanted it to work that way then let me choose it don't randomly start assigning things and I don't know what's going on. I'm supposed to be the coach and the player not the A.I.

Last edited by LBzrule; 01-27-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #11
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

LB are you on 360 or PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I would like to know if these sliders apply to the PS3 as well.
TIA!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace

Some other observations. Because the Passing Slider is down to 0 quite a few of the drop back and just heave it passes are off the mark, unlike they are on the default sliders. When the QB goes into his spin animation and a defender is on top of him the defender will not stop and let the QB pass the ball like they do on the default sliders. They will still run through the QB like the should. I don't understand how someone running full speed downhill anyways and is on top of a dude, stops on a dime and let's him pass it. I'm convinced that some of the default slider settings are the reason for some of this games problems in head to head play.

Also the fast speed takes some getting used to. You will struggle at first. In two days of testing, I've seen more harder hit animations than I have seen since I've had the game which was when it came out in July. Now there are some things that are still requiring programming assistance, but to me if VC completes the 2k9 project they really need to make sure they have great slider settings for ranked games.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnake
I would like to know if these sliders apply to the PS3 as well.
TIA!
They should.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
They should.
Thank you kind sir! Looks as if you've been delving into this with some tenacity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnake
Thank you kind sir! Looks as if you've been delving into this with some tenacity.
Yeah. There are some bugs we cannot do anything about, but there are some things that are fixed via the sliders. And I just think VC released the game with a very "friendly/casual" slider setting. A great deal of this game is hard coded into those damn sliders. And it's the same with Madden. I get how they can release these games every year now. Because some of the corrections can be made via sliders and changing the default slider settings. Some code may be re-written, but a lot of it will not. New things will be added, but the sliders have become an essential part of these games not just for gamers but also for developers. I'm not sure if I like that or not, but I know they do address some things that are problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »