Home

Any Chance we could see 2k get the licensing for...

This is a discussion on Any Chance we could see 2k get the licensing for... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #17
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Any Chance we could see 2k get the licensing for...

I was looking over the website that was posted on the first page and the two most notciable names were Eric Crouch the former Heisman Throphy Winner and Chris Leak......I dont think Take2 and 2K should go this route, go with the Generic Rosters and more Game Modes.......I think if they go with this it could back fire in there face.....But I still would by the game because I know the game would be a solid football game.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #18
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

I think that they will know more about getting the license by the end of this year. I prefer a legends game for the following reasons.

1) Custom teams online is a recipe for disaster. People will load up the best attributes for their players, and there will be no real distinction amongst players. You will constantly see 6'5 and 6'6 receivers loaded with attributes, and 250-300 pound rbs with strength, battering ram, branching tackle attributes and etc...If you think Rice and Campbell are hard to stop; you are in for a real treat.

2) It would be impossible to gameplan for a team full of generic players. In real football, you always know whom you are playing against along with their strengths and weaknesses. With generic players, you would line up against teams in which you have no idea who you need to stop.

3) Again, as soon as someone finds a lethal attribute combination, everyone will use it. Once that happens, having a gameplan and strategy will be obsolete, and cheese will rule.

If they go generic, I would prefer that they have a fictitious league and allow us to edit everything but the players and their attributes. If you can change and edit your player attributes, what is the purpose of even playing the game? No disrespect to anyone, but it sounds like people want to build unrealistic teams and pretend like they have some football knowledge. I guess I am just a hardcore football fan that prefers trying to piece together a winning team instead of creating one.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #19
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
1) Custom teams online is a recipe for disaster. People will load up the best attributes for their players, and there will be no real distinction amongst players. You will constantly see 6'5 and 6'6 receivers loaded with attributes, and 250-300 pound rbs with strength, battering ram, branching tackle attributes and etc...If you think Rice and Campbell are hard to stop; you are in for a real treat.

2) It would be impossible to gameplan for a team full of generic players. In real football, you always know whom you are playing against along with their strengths and weaknesses. With generic players, you would line up against teams in which you have no idea who you need to stop.

3) Again, as soon as someone finds a lethal attribute combination, everyone will use it. Once that happens, having a gameplan and strategy will be obsolete, and cheese will rule.
That should be easy to resolve: 2 online modes:

Ranked Games - Player must use the default rosters. No super human teams. You could game plan. No lethal attribute combination. All 3 of your concerns resolved.

Unranked Games - Here, "NFL" guys can meet and play with their created teams...as can the guys who like to have every player rated 100.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
That should be easy to resolve: 2 online modes:

Ranked Games - Player must use the default rosters. No super human teams. You could game plan. No lethal attribute combination. All 3 of your concerns resolved.

Unranked Games - Here, "NFL" guys can meet and play with their created teams...as can the guys who like to have every player rated 100.
I have to agree w/some of Murry's concerns. I'm pulling for full customization also, but it needs to be realized that going that route adds a ton of variables that can't be accounted for. They could go the route you noted above for online, but that might splinter an already small online base I would think. And the "free for all" mode would be no different than what they have in place already for Madden (to my understanding). Eventually I'm sure you'd see people complaining that they don't want to be forced to using default teams, nor relagated to playing against people that play with all-100 rated teams.

That's partially why I feel these non-licensed games need to be given more leeway; it's a difficult situation to workaround. Try to give users what they want (an NFL game without opening themselves to litigation) while maintaining competitive balance. I like their tiered system, perhaps they could modify it in a way so that there's a way to play with more gold/silver/bronze players if the players chooses to - but without giving people the ability to max out ratings across the board

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

As for the customization route all they have to do is first fix the defensive issues and second make sure the defensive abilities are just as visible on the field as the offensive abilities. In 2k8 IMO they are not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #22
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
I think that they will know more about getting the license by the end of this year. I prefer a legends game for the following reasons.

If they go generic, I would prefer that they have a fictitious league and allow us to edit everything but the players and their attributes. If you can change and edit your player attributes, what is the purpose of even playing the game? No disrespect to anyone, but it sounds like people want to build unrealistic teams and pretend like they have some football knowledge. I guess I am just a hardcore football fan that prefers trying to piece together a winning team instead of creating one.
On point...I say keep the legends, add more defensive control, add a dynasty of some sort & improve on the overall look of the game would be nice. I'd like to see the onfield chain gang come back, penalty replays & all the presentation that made 2k5 so great. Bring back the dline controls also. Add the lil things that most games over look. Rev helmets would be nice, bands, towels, & redo the face shields. Most of all allow us to create our own stadiums. Wouldnt that be nice if everyone had there own unique look. Fix the grass textures because they look horrible. I use a dome just to I dont have to look at the crap. It just kills the overall look of the game. 2K really has a nice base to use & they shouldnt hold back on these things considering they have no license. That means everything else needs to blow the comp away. Stop EA'ing us!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
On point...I say keep the legends
Remeber that Legends cost money. By not using them, they could sell the game at a lower price.

If I want to play with Legends, I can always pop 2K8 back in.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
As for the customization route all they have to do is first fix the defensive issues and second make sure the defensive abilities are just as visible on the field as the offensive abilities. In 2k8 IMO they are not.
Agreed. Curious, would you have a problem with people being able to create 100-ranked players across the board?

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »