Home

All-Pro Football $9.99 at Fry's Electronics

This is a discussion on All-Pro Football $9.99 at Fry's Electronics within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #33
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: All-Pro Football $9.99 at Fry's Electronics

whatever. 2k8 is the best football expeirence i have ever had. To each his own.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Has nothing to do with that, I'm extremely frustrated with football and basketball game, and the directions they are going in. I'm losing my interest. I've played basketball for 15 years and football for 3 and its amazing I'm losing my interest in these games. Especially when these are the two sports I love the most.
I love NBA2K8; I'm constantly amazed at how well it plays and the little touches they've put into the game. And I hear College Hoops is equally great; easily the best basketball games to date - so not sure where there's disappointment there (other than no CH2K9 of course). The football situation sucks, but as far as APF goes I feel people that think the game is horrible would be singing a different tune if it had the NFL license. I think that it plays better than Madden while having to work within the restrictions it has to work within is not an easy feat. And not given the credit it deserves. Switch the legends and generics with NFL teams/players/stadiums and the perception changes immediately

Quote:
But to dispute whether or not, $20 made a difference in the NFL decision. I could care less anymore. I think we are all getting hosed on the whole deal. And its finally sinking in, on how much it sucks.

Why debate over something, that isn't putting money in my pocket? So whats the point!
In a way it did put more money in peoples' pockets. Consumers got a way-beyond full-featured game(s) for less than half what games were going for. But at the same time, some consumers try to use the $20 argument against the game as a criticism

Quote:
I'm done! Have fun! It just really doesn't change the situation at hand. And APF 2k8 sucks point blank. If there is a 2k9 and it flops too. Then I will hate 2ksports for making efforts at it, while cancelling college hoops. It wouldn't make since.
I don't get the hate for 2KSports, but you're free to feel how you want. I don't see how some can see no problem with EA using their considerable financial resources to place themselves in the most advantageous position, yet fault 2K for trying to be frugal. They're not EA and don't have EA's money. But people consistently try to act as if they're both on a level playing field.

I guess you're saying they should ditch an attempt at making a football game and choose to continue making the college basketball game. And that's probably a legitimate concern. I'm not sure how well either title sold but I'd guess factors may include the price of the college license being driven up, and perhaps the limited appeal of the college game. It's entirely possible VC feels they'll have a larger profit margin on a generic football title than a licensed college basketball title. Not saying that's what it came down to of course

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #35
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The football situation sucks, but as far as APF goes I feel people that think the game is horrible would be singing a different tune if it had the NFL license. I think that it plays better than Madden while having to work within the restrictions it has to work within is not an easy feat. And not given the credit it deserves. Switch the legends and generics with NFL teams/players/stadiums and the perception changes immediately.

You are right! NFL License would make the difference. You basically just justified my complaints! I never said the graphics sucked, or it played bad or anything of that nature!

So basically you just made my point even more valid. But again I'm done with this. Peace and continue to enjoy your game, don't let my thoughts, stray you from your love for the game.

Quote:
In a way it did put more money in peoples' pockets. Consumers got a way-beyond full-featured game(s) for less than half what games were going for. But at the same time, some consumers try to use the $20 argument against the game as a criticism
No I was saying debating the whole subject! The subject of the $20, isn't making me any money talking about it. So it doesn't matter to me anymore!

Quote:
They're not EA and don't have EA's money. But people consistently try to act as if they're both on a level playing field.
Why are they in this subject?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »