Home

How close could 2k make a generic NFL League!

This is a discussion on How close could 2k make a generic NFL League! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How close could 2k make a generic NFL League!

I was just wondering how close 2k could come to making a generic NFL without the liscense. For example, could 2k make a Pittsburgh team with a yellow, white, and black jersey and a generic logo. Could a generic Troy Polamalu have the number 43 and long hair but no name.

Last edited by loudiamonds1979; 02-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How close could 2k make a generic NFL League!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudiamonds1979
I was just wondering how close 2k could come to making a generic NFL without the liscense. For example, could 2k make a Pittsburgh team with a yellow, white, and black jersey and a generic logo. Could a generic Troy Polamalu have the number 43 and long hair but no name.

no.....their 'likeness' can not be replicated either

but if u made a team from Latrobe, PA with blue & green colors who had a FS number 22 and was white........

.......WITH COMPLETE EDITING capabilities....i think that would be legal
Old 02-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudiamonds1979
the logos, names, etc. would have to bear little resemblance to NFL teams, but a custom-made option file that contains all the NFL teams, uniforms, players, etc. could be made similar to what Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven does for soccer.

In the PES/WE series, Liverpool FC, for example, is known as "Merseyside Red" and has some stupid red logo with a swan on it. Then download an option file and suddenly all players, team logos, uniforms etc are all accurate down to the last detail.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
the logos, names, etc. would have to bear little resemblance to NFL teams, but a custom-made option file that contains all the NFL teams, uniforms, players, etc. could be made similar to what Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven does for soccer.

In the PES/WE series, Liverpool FC, for example, is known as "Merseyside Red" and has some stupid red logo with a swan on it. Then download an option file and suddenly all players, team logos, uniforms etc are all accurate down to the last detail.
This would be great I love WE, and it would be so great if they carried over this philosophy to APF!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude

It baffles me that 2K wasn't able to do something like this for APF. Honestly, if PES was able to thrive for years with their customization skills without ticking off FIFA (which is a massive global organization), why can't 2K learn and do something similar?

Like I've said in other posts, I think 2K got cute with APF to try to appease the NFL and stay in their good graces in case the license was available. Now that that hope is gone, there's no reason to play softball anymore.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
but if u made a team from Latrobe, PA with blue & green colors who had a FS number 22 and was white........

.......WITH COMPLETE EDITING capabilities....i think that would be legal

Yep, I think they would need to give us the option to edit the following:
1. Player names and attributes. This has been standard in games for years now. Should be a no brainer.
2. Uniform Editor. APF 2K8 already has a great uni editor.
3. Ability to rename conferences and divisions. This should be easy.
4. Pixel Editor for Logos. Winning Eleven and other have covered this. This should not be ground breaking.

If this were a baseball game, I think stadiums would be an issue. But to me, football stadiums aren't a big deal. It would be nice to be able to name them though.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Yep, I think they would need to give us the option to edit the following:
1. Player names and attributes. This has been standard in games for years now. Should be a no brainer.
2. Uniform Editor. APF 2K8 already has a great uni editor.
3. Ability to rename conferences and divisions. This should be easy.
4. Pixel Editor for Logos. Winning Eleven and other have covered this. This should not be ground breaking.

If this were a baseball game, I think stadiums would be an issue. But to me, football stadiums aren't a big deal. It would be nice to be able to name them though.
I think that would be pretty much what everyone would want. They could even keep the over the top stadiums and it would be fine. In all honesty it might even be a better experince. For Example maybe they make an outdoor stadium in Minnesota with some crazy design. IMO I would rather play a game in a fake stadium outdoors in Minnesota rather than the dull Metrodome
Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think all the editors for Winning Soccer would take care of all those things. To fix the stadium problem 2k could give you the skyline of the city you choose. For example, if you choose a Chicago team you'd see the Sears Tower and city skyline in the background. So even if the stadium is a generic your recognition of that city's skyline would bring familiarity to that team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »