Home

Completion Percentage Help

This is a discussion on Completion Percentage Help within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Completion Percentage Help

What can i do to get my completion percentage up in season? I am playing on legend settings but instead of catchin being what they normaly are i put them for cpu and human at 100. I still complete on average about 54 percent of my passes. Sometimes my qb just throws ****ty passes to wide open receivers more often then he should. Any tips?

Also another question I drop atleast 1 or 2 user interceptions a game. I have the guy that i use with the BAll Hawk ability. Waht can i do to make it easier to catch simple interceptions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Completion Percentage Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by favreqb04
What can i do to get my completion percentage up in season? I am playing on legend settings but instead of catchin being what they normaly are i put them for cpu and human at 100. I still complete on average about 54 percent of my passes. Sometimes my qb just throws ****ty passes to wide open receivers more often then he should. Any tips?

Also another question I drop atleast 1 or 2 user interceptions a game. I have the guy that i use with the BAll Hawk ability. Waht can i do to make it easier to catch simple interceptions.
Only throw to 'Star' Receivers, and use a lot of Swing / screen passes. Should boost your % quite handily.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I started out the same way in season mode. A few tips, one of which you've figured out. You have to up the catching: on legend they drop WAY too many balls. Second, you have to work your pocket movement skills so that you get good throwing lanes and so that you get enough time to work through your reads if your first guy isn't open right away. If you don't move around and get a lane, guys without the tough as nails attribute or pocket passer attribute (which affects the ability to throw darts under duress) will throw ducks or picks. Also, if you don't move around a bit, your guys won't have time to separate. This is more crucial for generics, who typically need to be hit at just the right time in their routes and with as much space as possible between them and the nearest defender. Also, I think it helps to vary passing routes and playcalling tendencies, as the computer seems to adjust to these. Spread the ball around, or at least try to, and mix up your throwing and passing downs.

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Only throw to 'Star' Receivers, and use a lot of Swing / screen passes. Should boost your % quite handily.
Gonna go the opposite direction from Valdarez. I think it's a mistake to only throw to your legends, and I also think that screens and swings, while they will up your percentage, may not always make your passing game more effective. My opinion is that mixing route types and depths will do that.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Making your passing game more effective, and raising your completion percentage are two different things.

Might help to read this Guide to Passing. http://www.2kfootballstrategy.com/mo...ide_To_Passing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Verdad.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

so whats the chances of a new one coming out this year? I like this game better then madden but they atleast need a real franchise. I created me and my friends on my own team so i use them, so it doesnt really bother me as much about not current NFL players. But that would help if there could be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »