Home

GREAT ARTICLE ON ALL PRO

This is a discussion on GREAT ARTICLE ON ALL PRO within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #17
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: GREAT ARTICLE ON ALL PRO

I honestly dont think having the highly overpriced NFL license is a requirement to making a good football game. They have the gameplay down pretty well already...its the features that need a nip and a tuck. VC might take a peek at an old PC football game called Frontpage Sports Football. The first release was a great game with no NFL players, teams or stadiums....funny thing is, the game went to hell as soon as they started investing in the NFL license. Anyway, the original game or possibly the second one (cant remember) had a boatload of great features including full team drafting, player improvement, player aging, player retirements, full player editing, injuries, career ending inujuries, college draft, coach only mode, and absolutely the best play creator-editor Ive ever used. They even had their own Hall of Fame where your players can be elected to....if good enough. You basically could create your own alternate Pro football universe....your own teams, team names, players, etc. Now if VC were to put the best of these features in their game along with the existing gameplay.....I'm there on release day with money in hand.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

IF APF2K9 is released I hope we see major graphical and a few presentation upgrades. Other than that the game needs to be much more customizable as many here on this forum have suggested.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Nice article, I guess im in the minority of the minority cause I do not need to be able to create the NFL or play with the Legends.
I would agree with you. The article is decent, but I think it's a mistake to place so much emphasis on APF being a "create a NFL-clone!" game. And this is coming from someone that has enjoyed creating NFL-type team replicas. I think it's important that if there is an APF2K9, it has to stand on it's own merits first, be a psuedo-NFL game second. I don't think it's practical to think 2K could create a game that has options to create an "unlimited" number of players and teams. I doubt most people that would buy the game would do so on the hope of somehow being directed to OS or some other fansite to download appropriately tuned rosters. For example, one of APF's current frustrations is the lack of being able to pick up and play the game with any of the pre-generated teams and not having to jump through hoops creating a team. It's just too limiting.

Customization is important, but I think as long as they allow the ability to edit the teams/generics/ and perhaps even the legends appropriately, I don't see where there needs to be options to future-proof in case there isn't another that follows it. If you're buying the game because the NFL is the primary determining factor, you're better off buying Madden. The ability to create replicas of NFL teams is important and makes the game that much more enjoyable, but I don't see why that should be the primary focus.

If 2K can add customization on the level of being able to structure leagues/conferences/divisions however people want, while generating schedules appropriately with very few issues, while allowing people to create any number of players and teams people want then I'm happy. I just don't see how it'd be practical to not expect something so wide in scope not to possibly cause problems.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #20
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm not a 2k football fan but I would buy that game in heartbeat.....that was kinda what I was hoping for when apf was first announced.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

What they can do is to use the same way of creating teams that you could play "out of the box", as the PES series used to do before licensing. For example... If you take Manchester United. They have a team that is called man red. Then they have the same colors on the jerseys without any sponsors or badges. If you have players that you don't have license for, you name them something similar. E.g. Ryan Giggs is called GREGGS.

If you do it this way, people could still enjoy playing those teams as they would resemble the real NFL. It would also be much easier for the editing community, not having to create all from scratch. Full editing possibilities of everything is a must though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »