Home

All-Pro Football 2K9 Benched

This is a discussion on All-Pro Football 2K9 Benched within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #49
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: All-Pro Football 2K9 Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Again I've said many times, if you can't do it right don't do it at all.
Of course you do. So what's right - what you say to do? What I say to do? You don't seem to have that same sentiment when it comes to NBA Live, essentially trying to stick a square peg into a round hole just to get it to play something resembling basketball.

It's amazing how little chance this game was given by the so-called hardcore. Outside of NBA2K6, I think all sports games struggled in their first outing next gen. But I guess they were 2Kports then, as you've said. APF in it's first time out made a game that played better than Madden and NCAA, and it's debateable that it plays MUCH better. VC made mistakes with APF, that's certain. But if you're going to criticize, at least do so acknowledging that the game didn't receive the same consideration most games this gen have

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 32

The good thing is the game is being developed, the bad it may never see the light of the day. Some here is enjoying this news but I believe we will see another football game from TT.

KEEP HOPE ALIVE
Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #51
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The way the guys are spinning this is horrible. If the gaming sites did a little investigative reporting instead of just posting things in the worst possible light.

If your recall the last quarterly conference call, the executives indicated they were looking at the release dates and the pricing points for the next release of APF. In the GameSpot news item, it simply points out that the APF did not make the October release slate, but that they were still weighing their options. This fits in exactly with what the execs indicated they would do in the previous conference call.

APF2K9 is in development, but a release schedule or date has not been set. From my perspective this is a good thing. When a good gaming company takes more time to work on a game, that's usually to ensure it produces a quality product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #52
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Of course you do. So what's right - what you say to do? What I say to do? You don't seem to have that same sentiment when it comes to NBA Live, essentially trying to stick a square peg into a round hole just to get it to play something resembling basketball.

It's amazing how little chance this game was given by the so-called hardcore. Outside of NBA2K6, I think all sports games struggled in their first outing next gen. But I guess they were 2Kports then, as you've said. APF in it's first time out made a game that played better than Madden and NCAA, and it's debateable that it plays MUCH better. VC made mistakes with APF, that's certain. But if you're going to criticize, at least do so acknowledging that the game didn't receive the same consideration most games this gen have

See I love bias comments like this, just so I can give you answers that are less bias.

1st off, my time I spend customizing one game, has nothing to do with this subject. You can try to throw other games in the mixed, but know your facts 1st. When APF came out, did I not spend months making NFL Jerseys and post codes? YES!!!!

When NBA 2k8 came out didn't spent months doing videos (that weren't appreciated and faded in the forums)? YES!!!

When College Hoops 2k8 came out, didn't I create over 25 videos and post pictures of player edits on a roster? YES!!!

While you focus on me working on an EA product! Know that I supported 2k first and foremost and my efforts were never acknowledged or appreciated. I have 1 or 2 OSer's that even showed interest.

While you knock my efforts on Live I got over 50+ PM's of people who requested vids and sliders and edits, the same with Madness.

APF left me with limits to editing and controlling teams. In those terms it wasn't done right!

I'm sure they spent months removing everything from it, so we couldn't re-create the NFL completely. In those terms it wasn't done right. I'm sure they wanted to give us a customize complete game. But didn't want the lawsuits that followed.

This leads to the facts or should I say sound business opinion. That if they had to limit their ideas to stop from clashing with EA. They'd rather not even bother.

Don't make every thread a EA vs 2k bias place! Just because someone says something towards 2ksports doesn't mean they hate them. Maybe they are just being more realistic.

I've put 18 years of my life into Sega Sports and 2ksports! So don't talk to me like I just love EA sports so I'm trying to make a model out of fat chick when it comes to their games. They might not have the things you look for, but their games are solid in a lot of categories that matter to me, and I give them a chance as well.

Peace!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: APF 2k9 is no longer "on the slate" for release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
You should read the entire thread before you launch a baseless attack against someone.
First of all you have a dam good site. Long over due for hardcore 2k football heads. Keep up the good work.

Second, your information seem to be spot on.

Third, some people been dancing on 2k football "grave" for the last 6 years.

4th, KEEP HOPE ALIVE

Peace
Old 03-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: APF 2k9 is no longer "on the slate" for release

I like the way you think grunt. I'm with ya... ignoring all the naysayers until something happens.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
The UFL (or whatever it's called) will be history just as quick as the XFL was. Nobody wants to watch a football league in which Eric Crouch is one of the top draft picks, nor does anybody want to play a game full of NFL wash-outs, has-beens, and never were's. Not to mention that the "league" only has 6 teams if i'm not mistaken. The league has already been postponed due to financial support. I doubt it will even get of the ground. The UFL is the last thing that could possibly save APF. A "Winning Eleven-style" game would've been the much better option, and still would be IMHO if the game were to actually still somehow get the green light. But don't hold your breath.
You seem to have the UFL and the AAFL (All American Football League) confused. The AAFL was supposed to start Spring 08, but is having major money issues. I'd expect it to fold without ever playing a game. They never secured a TV contract either.

Great example of how NOT to start a league.

BTW, the UFL will launch with eight teams (at least) as they understand that a six team league won't be taken seriously (and they want a 14 game schedule).

Hey, I'd be happy with WE style 2K football game, but why would I need to buy it more than once? I can update any rosters myself. A UFL game becomes a yearly sale for 2K Sports if it takes off.

Whatever type of football game 2K releases, I'm willing to buy and play it, but some options are better than others.

Last edited by VCdolphin; 03-12-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2008, 12:21 AM   #56
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Take Two doesn't seem all that savvy when it comes to their plan for 2K Football.

Seems they could've stripped down 2K5 into an APF for the PS2 and made some money with such a big user base, and then waited until the newer consoles sold more before putting out a "next gen" version.

Instead they release one version, early on in the new systems' life cycle... And here we are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »