Home

Would AllPro2k been a bigger seller if......

This is a discussion on Would AllPro2k been a bigger seller if...... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Would AllPro2k been a bigger seller if......

Wasup Brothers just curious on what you guys think about this.

If ALLPRO 2K8 was built with 32 teams. With the same cities that we have in the NFL just different Nicknames, and accurate player ratings for the current players but with fake names.

The ability to edit the names of the teams and players ourselves. Create our own uniforms.

Do u think if all Pro 2k8 was this way would it have sold more than the whole legion players idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Would AllPro2k been a bigger seller if......

I don't even think it had to have that. I think if it had a decent franchise mode, it would have been a bigger seller. That was my only reason for passing on it. I'm not a huge online player. 95% of the time I play sports games, I play franchise mode. I believe that is true of a significant portion of sports game fans.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

No. People who want the NFL bought Madden. I don't think a pseudo league would have did any better, in fact, I think it would've been much worse.

The lack of franchise hurt a little bit in a sense that some die-hard 2Kers may have passed due to the lack of franchise. Not big enough to make that much of a difference IMO.

The price, the timing, and the lack of marketing really hurt it IMO. Spending $180 dollars on a football game is alot for people to take, especially if it's a game they really didn't know about. Some of my friends had no idea that the old NFL2K series was remade into APF2K8.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

thxs for the feedback guys. Its really a shame that we are getting done in by the NFL more than EA. I really liked the way ALLpro felt. Yes it needed some adjusting but what game doesnt. Me personally I like havng more than one game of football to play. Take care guys.
Again thxs for responding.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:54 AM   #5
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Looking at the big picture...All Pro had no chance when asking people to pay Madden (and 360 games in general) prices with NO NFL license and NO franchise. Instead of lowering the price and accepting the "buy me along with Madden" role it got hung out to dry going head to head.

All Pro would have had to be an 11 out of 10 across the board to even be relevant. I don't think All Pro would have beaten NFL 2k5 head to head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Yeah, it's a shame. Fortunately for me online is where it's at for football. For basketball it's all about the franchise so I do understand how people who wanted franchise in their football game feel.

They should have never released the game around the same time as Madden. I have no clue what the thinking on that was about. I can only assume that was the only time frame development allowed. They just couldn't get it finished before that day and rather than rush out an incomplete product just to get a jump on Madden they continued and bit the bullet to put out a quality product. If that is indeed the case then I'm thankful that they did. You gotta admin, gameplay-wise APF 2K8 is rock solid.

I really hope if the end is near that they can at least hand us down another patch or two for the game. Or even incorporate what they have in development in a patch form to give us even more. Will probably eat alot of harddrive space but I think those of us who want it wont mind a bit.

Last edited by totalownership; 03-14-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Going on a year and people are still debating these same points about 32 teams and customization...

APF did not sell because the vast majority of gamers are interested in the NFL only. It may have had a chance to sell more copies if 2K hadn't typically screwed up with their marketing, and instead had pushed the game hard and released it 3-4 weeks before any EA football game.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

I've always thought that releasing the game right after the NFL draft would have done wonders for APF. Eveyone is hyped for some footbal after the draft & with the right marketing & promotions it would have had a huge head start. It also would could have used a franchise mode to add replay value to non online players. It would have been something to tie those over until NCAA & Madden came out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »