Home

Dan Marino Own's my Soul.....

This is a discussion on Dan Marino Own's my Soul..... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Dan Marino Own's my Soul.....

Cobb is an interesting one. I've never had the guts to try him. I may have to give that a shot. What kinds of sets do you find him most suited for?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10

Yes, The Great Dan Marino. Always my #1 overall pick. I'm truly never out of a game with him. He needed to be on the cover of this game!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
The good/bad thing about Marino is the Quick Release. It's so fast that once you get used to it, you will find it very difficult to throw with any other quarterback.
True, but that is the great thing about the game. I played with Dan only a few times.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:19 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 12

Gale Sayers. Get him and 10 guys on D. VICTORY!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Cobb is an interesting one. I've never had the guts to try him. I may have to give that a shot. What kinds of sets do you find him most suited for?
I have Cobb on a defense-heavy team. The offense is Bernie Kosar, Alvin Harper, Dwight Clark, and Cobb. As an all-around kind of guy, he can produce out of pretty much any personnel grouping, but with this team I use a 3 WR base set. Against base defenses, Cobb is fast/quick enough to get out to the edge on tosses or stretches, while against nickel defenses he can power it up the middle pretty well.

He's interesting because depending on the game, he'll be better at certain things than others. Sometimes he'll bull through tackles like a power back; other games he'll be a demon catching the ball in the flat. (In yet other games he'll develop hands of stone. )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Interesting. He was definitely a promising young back, but only had one good year, and even that was modest from a YPC perspective. I actually remember that year, though, and I can see him having the kind of versatility that you describe. I'll have to put him on one of my teams. I've also been dying to use Bubby Brister and as many of the zero- to one-attribute players as possible just for fun. It seems that most people always choose the guys with the most attributes, which makes it boring after a while.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Interesting. He was definitely a promising young back, but only had one good year, and even that was modest from a YPC perspective. I actually remember that year, though, and I can see him having the kind of versatility that you describe. I'll have to put him on one of my teams. I've also been dying to use Bubby Brister and as many of the zero- to one-attribute players as possible just for fun. It seems that most people always choose the guys with the most attributes, which makes it boring after a while.
Yeah, I have to admit the only reason I initially added Cobb to the team was for variety's sake. He stayed because he just keeps producing.

Tony Drayton, the no-attribute bronze TE, is kind of fun to play with too, but he drops too many passes for my liking.

I've never tried Bubby Brister, but I think it'd definitely be interesting. Andre Ware is a fun one to use, just because if you beat the opponent you're doing so with Andre Ware. I made a no-skills bronze Ryan Leaf for the same reason, although I haven't really used that team much online.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

LMAO at the fact that you made Ryan Leaf. I am old enough to remember watching that draft where there was so much debate about who was going to make the better pro, Ryan or Peyton. Wow. And they pay these pundits.

At any rate, I love Drayton. He's quick and fast and catches very well in space. He can also make some athletic catches. He's just not the guy you want to throw to in a crowd because he will drop some balls if he gets hit immediately. He's a real threat in the seam, though, vs. cover 2.

I tried Ware, and if you have an OL that has the attribute that makes your QB feel calm under pressure, you can actually get some production out of him. I also like to combo him with a quick back I can run draws with. If you don't have an OL with that attribute, though, and you try to throw under pressure or without your feet set, you're cruising for a bruising.

I might try Brister. I love to switch it up to keep things interesting--I wish more people would do that.

You know who else I really like at QB is Jim Hart. Nobody ever uses him, but I put him on a team where the offense was all bronze and the defense all silver and gold and it was my most dominant team. I got into the 40s in rankings with that squad. He can play.

I wish they had Jim Everett in the game, happy feet and all. I'd love to put him and Ellard and Warner or Dickerson out there and rock some old school Rams. Perhaps in 2020 when this game comes out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsao
Yeah, I have to admit the only reason I initially added Cobb to the team was for variety's sake. He stayed because he just keeps producing.

Tony Drayton, the no-attribute bronze TE, is kind of fun to play with too, but he drops too many passes for my liking.

I've never tried Bubby Brister, but I think it'd definitely be interesting. Andre Ware is a fun one to use, just because if you beat the opponent you're doing so with Andre Ware. I made a no-skills bronze Ryan Leaf for the same reason, although I haven't really used that team much online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »