Home

cutback vs quick feet

This is a discussion on cutback vs quick feet within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #9
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: cutback vs quick feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Doesn't the game itself has a section that says what they do, I don't have my 360 at the moment but check there first.
No, it just has the descriptions which I posted in my previous post.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #10
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
No, it just has the descriptions which I posted in my previous post.
Oops did not look at the other responses too closely and repeated what you said. Sorry.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
Thinking... I imagine quick feet would help you get around blockers, cutback would be hard cuts (ie running up-left then quickly start running up-right).
Yes, this is my experience. I've used backs like Allen and McNeil, who have the cutback ability, and with them, you can get one really good, hard cut that leaves guys in the dust. However, you can't cut right back the other way immediately. It's kindof a one and done thing unless your run is long enough to recuperate and gear up for another big cut.

The quick feet do work differently. My CPU generated team has Charley Trippi on it, and he's nimbler, but not really in a slashing type of way. He's more capable of dancing through traffic to find the hole and is better I think at subtler changes of direction--he can handle more than one of those as well. I would imagine the shimmy move on the stick would reflect this but I haven't used him enough to know for sure.

The decision between the two depends on your run style and playcalling. If you run lots of stretch plays, then cutback would be the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

It's important to note that you can make subtle changes of direction in this game without cutting, so for inside runners, quick feet is better than cut-back.

But for speedy, elusive backs, running mostly on the outside, you'll want to take cut-back over quick feet.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

This isn't completely apropos to the thread, but quick feet is a really really useful skill for defenders to have. It really cuts down on the hitch/delay before they start moving, both right after the snap and when changing directions in pursuit. You can really see the difference by creating a bronze linebacker without quick feet vs. one with it.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

This is true, Tsao. You can see this when you use Bos compared to others.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

From my experience they are redundant. APF is based more off of animations then actual physics, and virtually all backs can manipulate the same hard cut back animation. Run fast in one direction, then hit the analog to initiate the cutback animation with several different players and abilities, you will be hard pressed to see any difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #16
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
From my experience they are redundant. APF is based more off of animations then actual physics, and virtually all backs can manipulate the same hard cut back animation. Run fast in one direction, then hit the analog to initiate the cutback animation with several different players and abilities, you will be hard pressed to see any difference.
You haven't used Marcus Allen consistently, his cutbacks as a gold are so distinctively strong compared to any back in the game from what I have seen. I noticed the difference the first time I used him when I created an 1983 Raiders team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »