Home

Maximum Passing: Minimum Gain

This is a discussion on Maximum Passing: Minimum Gain within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled
What Are Your Thoughts on Madden's Franchise Mode as We Head Towards Madden 24?
When Do You Get 'Rosteritis' in Your Franchise Mode?

Old 05-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Maximum Passing: Minimum Gain

Fellas I'm just not a fan of Maximum Passing with APF 2K8. It seems like it doesn't do anything you want it to. It was so sweet in 2K5 but in 2K8 it feels broke as a mother. The past few days I've been rolling with it off and feel the game plays better without it.

It also seems that if you and your opponent don't both use it the guy using it gets penalized. How say you OS APF community?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Maximum Passing: Minimum Gain

First off, you need a suitable QB if you want to use it at all, otherwise it will be overthrow city.

Second, you need your feet set (scramblers are exempt) and you need not to be under duress when making the throw, as unless your QB is "tough as nails" or your offensive line has a stonewall, the pressure around the QB will affect his throw for the worse.

So given those parameters are met, maximum passing works just like it does in the old games.

If those parameters are not met, you get overthrows out the wahzoo.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah the conditions have to be perfect. It helps to have a real good QB. However if you pick your spots and know what you want to do it works well.

Since I run more than pass I don't face it as much. I pick only the right circumstances and plays that I can get off a pass quickly and not face too much pressure.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

I guess that explain my problem. I run with a created bronze qb and his only attribute is 4 quarter something or another.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

I have to have Max Passing on. I use Marino all the time but being able to place the ball where-ever I want it is huge, especially on a TE curl with a defender in his back pocket. I can hit the TE on the side the defender is not on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I guess that explain my problem. I run with a created bronze qb and his only attribute is 4 quarter something or another.
That's probably the source of your frustration, then.

If you play with someone like Young or Montana, I think you'll see that you can lead people just fine in this game, so long as you have the right QB passing in the right situation.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I run with Warren Moon and Max passing is a must. He puts it exactly where it needs to go for me. Works with Randall for me as well.

I do think its more effective the higher teir QB. I have a team with a bronze and the passes just aren't as crisp and accurate as consistently as when i roll with Randall and Moon.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #8
Rookie

ajwines64's Arena

OVR: 7

Yea When I use a bronze tier qb I have to have it off or it is overthrow city. I still think with it off though you can still put the ball pretty close to where you want and it's not as touchy as with max passing on. Just my thoughts. I never roll with a gold qb though so that may be why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »