Home

For PS3 Users--Defensive Controls Question

This is a discussion on For PS3 Users--Defensive Controls Question within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
For PS3 Users--Defensive Controls Question

We have the unfortunate displeasure of having auto-strafe as our default setting for lobby games, and I absolutely hate this. It seems that our 360 colleagues have had this removed via a patch, but I find that it really hampers my ability to control defenders. I'm wondering what kinds of things you guys do to mitigate this problem. Do you control only DL? Do anything pre-snap? Allow the CPU to get you going and then take over? I'd love to be more active on the defensive end, but getting caught in auto-strafe with a safety while the HB rumbles for a TD is not my idea of a good time, neither is trying to peel off with an end when I diagnose the screen. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: For PS3 Users--Defensive Controls Question

play custom games and turn it off?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
play custom games and turn it off?
Can you turn it off? I haven't picked up the game for PS3 yet, but was considering it.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
Rookie

ajwines64's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
We have the unfortunate displeasure of having auto-strafe as our default setting for lobby games, and I absolutely hate this. It seems that our 360 colleagues have had this removed via a patch, but I find that it really hampers my ability to control defenders. I'm wondering what kinds of things you guys do to mitigate this problem. Do you control only DL? Do anything pre-snap? Allow the CPU to get you going and then take over? I'd love to be more active on the defensive end, but getting caught in auto-strafe with a safety while the HB rumbles for a TD is not my idea of a good time, neither is trying to peel off with an end when I diagnose the screen. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Yea I mainly control one of my legend lineman. It seems I get the most out of them and then the auto strafe doesn't mess me up either. But playing in the custom lobby helps becuase I like to play SS so I can do it with it turned off in the settings there.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Well, I could go custom, but I do like playing in the lobbies and trying to climb a bit in the ranks, though I'm mostly in it for a fun, sim game with good sports. I'm just curious if there's some other solution for those of us who don't want to play all our games in custom lobbies.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »