Home

Sticking with this over EA's '09 titles?

This is a discussion on Sticking with this over EA's '09 titles? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Sticking with this over EA's '09 titles?

Gameplay wise, Madden or NCAA can't measure up to APF. APF is by far the best football sim I've ever played.

I might pick up NCAA 09 just for the online dynasty and so I can play as my Kansas Jayhawks... also feature wise NCAA 09 looks to be pretty well off right now... can't wait.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I agree. I feel like I've only just started to scratch the surface in regards to the roster combinations on this game. Recently I've been trying to make squads with players from one NFL team. There's a few (Cowboys, 49ers) that you can do w/o having to create a player. I've also been trying to put together teams with players that no one rarely uses.

Just played through 2 games last night and I saw new animations, including a great play by my CB who undercut the WR and made a leaping INT. You just don't see that type of stuff in Madden.
I just did this too. There are several teams you can make by using players who have played at least one season for a given team. I've got Oakland/LA, Dallas, Cleveland, Washington, Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Houston and Washington, and I think, and you can get very close with Miami, Minnesota, and perhaps even LA/St. Louis. I think this is a fun way to approach the roster combination process, and I've even been contemplating trying to recreate teams from particular years/eras. My Raiders, for example, have some classic era players and some from later days, and I've thought about going with players all from the '83 season, for example, or going with the '90s style 'Boys. It might be fun to start a thread with suggested rosters for these sorts of teams to get community input on the most appropriate tiers/abilities for each created player.

So much you can do with this game--what a shame we'll never have another!
Old 05-29-2008, 03:02 AM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
They still haven't fixed the gameplay or animations. Heck, in the one video the released for the game, they have Collinsworth talking about man coverage on a replay when that's clearly a zone play! It's been nearly half a decade and Madden still doesn't live up to the gameplay of ESPN NFL 2K5. There's sad, and then there's pathetic. I'd be embarrassed to be a developer for EA Sports and have to put out the same old thing every year with just little more eye candy..
And how is this worse than a wide open receiver catching a touchdown pass and having the 2k5 announcer rant about how he was in triple coverage?

If you're going to attack something, attack something that isn't the equivalent of some stupid **** the thing you're defending does.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #20
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
And how is this worse than a wide open receiver catching a touchdown pass and having the 2k5 announcer rant about how he was in triple coverage?

If you're going to attack something, attack something that isn't the equivalent of some stupid **** the thing you're defending does.
Why, sounds like that's your job.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I will do the same thing I do every year:

a) play the demos on the Live Marketplace.

b) decide whether or not the gameplay is cringe-worthy (which it has been every year so far on the 360).

I have nothing against EA games, it's just that most of them aren't very good games. NHL 08 is the one recent exception. That demo actually impressed the heck out of me, and I went and bought it the next day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #22
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I will do the same thing I do every year:

a) play the demos on the Live Marketplace.

b) decide whether or not the gameplay is cringe-worthy (which it has been every year so far on the 360).

I have nothing against EA games, it's just that most of them aren't very good games. NHL 08 is the one recent exception. That demo actually impressed the heck out of me, and I went and bought it the next day.
I honestly forgot all about the demos. I will certainly give the games a glance, but I haven't bought Madden since 04 (got 07 as a gift and rarely played it) and although the videos look promising (they always do, don't they?), I don't know if EA's done enough to warrant a purchase.

You are right on with NHL 08. That was a fun game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Well I have not bought madden since 05. But since this years madden has me pumped up. I am going to do the smart thing and get it on day 1

So you all go ahead and play this only. I will have APF, MADDEN 09, NCAA 09, and whatever else I wanna buy. So have fun lol
Old 06-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #24
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I've retired APF 2k8. I've gone back to 2k5 with updated rosters and schedule. I feel 2k5 is a much better game then 2k8.

I am also now playing Madden 08 to get use to the Madden feel before 09 comes out. If Madden 09 plays as good as it looks I think it may finally be time for me to say goodbye to 2k. (unless they put out a new game that's much better then APF 2k8)

So no I'm not sticking with APF it's stale to me. I need the NFL and a nice new game so I'll be buying both Madden 09 and NCAA 09. And maybe even head coach 09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »