Home

What's harder?

This is a discussion on What's harder? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
What's harder?

In your opinion, what's more difficult: Playing with all generics on offense or defense?

I'm looking to start up a new season (offline) and was toying with the idea of putting all generics on one side of the ball to change things up.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: What's harder?

Neither, honestly. Either way you've got one side completely stacked and it evens out.

I played an all generic offense and did OK because my defense was ****ing killer and made at least 2-3 INT a game, and didn't often allow more than 10-14 points a game.

I played an all generic defense, and did OK because my offense was ****ing killer and scored a TD on almost every single drive.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

In my opinion, I feel an all-generic offense is slightly harder unless you have a legend kicker, then the good field position you get can be used to your advantage.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

i think its generic deffense cuz i can always seem to make plays wen i need them even if its not goin to a legend but on the other side of the ball the gold hbs in this game r too good to be goin up against without a legend. Not to mantion star qb and wr combinations that can "tear you a new one" in crunch time.

I understand wat other guys r sayin about it all balances out cuz Weak Deffence=Strong Offence nd visa versa in this game but my take on wat the OP is askin is if u had to start a team today which would be more of a challenge to play with (allstar offence + generic deffence) vs. (generic offence +allstar deffence)

Lookin at real football the ravens one their championship with a strong deffence and jamal lewis plus a few o-linemen on the other side

deffence wins championships
Old 03-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Decided to go with an all-generic defense to start.

QB-Stabler
RB-Simpson
FB-Rathman
WR-Biletnikoff
WR-Taylor
WR-Moore
TE-Christensen
T-Jacoby
T-Stringer
G-can't recall
C-can't recall

Won my first game (8 min. quarters) 38-28. Defense made a couple of big plays, including an INT, but had no sacks and struggled to stop the pass. Did OK against the run, although the CPU didn't run much, so really hard to gauge until I play a team that runs (I have CPU running at 90 to try and encourage more run plays) more than passes.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutking

Lookin at real football the ravens one their championship with a strong deffence and jamal lewis plus a few o-linemen on the other side

deffence wins championships
People always say that, but what about the Niners, TD's Broncos, and Rams. They had an outstanding offenses with average defense (except for the 94 Niners w/ Deion).

I think people don't give generic defenses enough credit. Are they dominant? No. But if you call the right plays at the right time they can be a bend but don't break defensive team. If that doesn't work, just outscore your opponent. Just don't turn the ball over, you hear me Mike Martz!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Well, the 80s 49ers didn't exactly have a scrub defense. Dwight Hicks was a good corner, they had Lott, Charles Haley and Romanowski as well. Kevin Fagan was a solid end and Carter wasn't a bad NT, and Keena Turner was okay too. The defense just got overshadowed by the offense because they had two of the best ever to play and some incredible complementary pieces.

As far as this game goes, I think it's harder to get stops on defense without legends because of some of the high-success plays like the TE corner, the RB screen, and the deep out--all of which really require legends to defend consistently IMO. I've experimented with generics on offense at several positions, and the only one I've found it necessary to have a legend at is HB. That's just my opinion, though.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I've experimented with generics on offense at several positions, and the only one I've found it necessary to have a legend at is HB. That's just my opinion, though.
LOL! This is why this game is so amazing and I wish it continues and more people give it a chance. HB is like the only generic offensive position I can deal with. QB's, TE's, and especially WR's i've experienced might as well be handicapped because that's how effective they are for ME at least. Maybe I just suck that bad on offense and I'm better than I think on defense. Then again I don't mind SHOOTOUT football anyway so maybe that's it. Bad offense frustrates me more than bad defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »