Home

Any patches coming for this?

This is a discussion on Any patches coming for this? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Any patches coming for this?

I've had the game for a little over a month now, and I just cannot take the defensive coverage AI anymore. To call it AI is a bit drastic, actually, because I've never seen anything so simplistic. What happened to the 2k5 AI? It wasn't that great, but it served with a slider boost... this is just horrid.

There's too much good in this game to allow one aspect of the game to spoil it for me, but my god, they're idiots back there.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-02-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Any patches coming for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I've had the game for a little over a month now, and I just cannot take the defensive coverage AI anymore. To call it AI is a bit drastic, actually, because I've never seen anything so simplistic. What happened to the 2k5 AI? It wasn't that great, but it served with a slider boost... this is just horrid.

There's too much good in this game to allow one aspect of the game to spoil it for me, but my god, they're idiots back there.
Last I heard, the game isn't even on 2K's radar anymore. What diffficulty are you playing on?
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Last I heard, the game isn't even on 2K's radar anymore. What diffficulty are you playing on?
Using NJPapi's v.3 sliders.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Quote:
Using NJPapi's v.3 sliders.
I've found that the default legend mode gives me the best results. I went from completing 70% of my passes on All-Pro/Custom sliders pretty easily to at times struggling to complete 40%. Granted, this is all online but coverage takes a spike so much on legend that I'm starting to think it's too much (eyes in the back of the head syndrome).
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
I've found that the default legend mode gives me the best results. I went from completing 70% of my passes on All-Pro/Custom sliders pretty easily to at times struggling to complete 40%. Granted, this is all online but coverage takes a spike so much on legend that I'm starting to think it's too much (eyes in the back of the head syndrome).
Stick with Legend man. It's a MUCH better gaming experience. If you want the ULTIMATE football gaming experience then go to Custom lobby and turn Performance EQ on. Now THATS football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 04:09 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Granted, this is all online but coverage takes a spike so much on legend that I'm starting to think it's too much (eyes in the back of the head syndrome).
It's not just you.

The DBs do some very blatant cheating on legend difficulty. Some of the stuff that goes on out there is just as bad or worse than what happens on Madden's higher difficulties.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Wouldn't putting the CPU Coverage slider up to 100 do the same thing for coverage as putting it on Legend level? I thought the difficulty levels were just pre-set sliders.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Quote:
Wouldn't putting the CPU Coverage slider up to 100 do the same thing for coverage as putting it on Legend level? I thought the difficulty levels were just pre-set sliders.
I thought so too, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The AI seems to be a bit smarter on higher difficulties than custom difficulties.
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »