Home

2K fans - why are you so bitter

This is a discussion on 2K fans - why are you so bitter within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #97
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2K fans - why are you so bitter

I must admit that I am confused in regards to so many people giving Ian "Rock-Star" status before he makes a hit. They use Ortiz as a scapegoat, and the reason for why Madden has failed over the past several years.

Like I have stated before, Ian and company worked on previous Madden games and therefore should share the blame along with Ortiz and everyone else. I applaud peoples optimism in regards to Madden 10, regardless of it's previous four attempts on the next generation systems. I lost my optimism three years ago. For me, EA's glass will continue to be half empty until they produce a great game.

Furthermore, it just seems like some people on these boards are either EA employees, or super fans. Logically, I am unable to comprehend why hardcore football fans are able to continue to make excuses for poor attempts by EA. EA has every resource imaginable and simply choose not to use them. IMO, the developers must lack the talent, football knowledge, or game engines to produce a great game.

The potential is there for EA, and it is up to them to utilize it. I hope they hire people that love the game of football as much as they love to make excuses and empty promises.

So the moral of this post is; reserve giving people "Rock-Star" status before they produce a hit. If Ian and company can produce a hit in August, then I will be singing along with all football fans. Just remember that Ian was a back-up singer in an average band. Now he is the lead singer with the same voice; I hope he rocks hard.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #98
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2K fans - why are you so bitter

OS pulled in the MaddenMania website that had been hugely popular back in the day, this is why OS has such a strong lean towards everything Madden and goes out of their way to shut down anti-Madden sentiments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »