Home

2K fans - why are you so bitter

This is a discussion on 2K fans - why are you so bitter within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #49
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2K fans - why are you so bitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
I feel the same way. I have to watch it when I post over there, because so much of what folks are licking Ian's nuts for has already been done--2 years ago, at that. I want an NFL game that gives me what I like about 2K8 and perhaps adds some as well.

The problem is that there's so much that has to change with that franchise before it even equals this game. And it seems that, just like 2K seems to always PR fubar itself, EA always seems to ******o-gimmick itself. The easy button for defense is comical.

I'm not a thoroughgoing capitalist pig, but as a football fan, I really am just a bit bitter that the competition which drives this economy has somehow been excised from the sports gaming industry.
QFT
Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
Every time I read the Madden forum I feel a bit like Winston Smith.
LMFAO. Only at Operation Sports does Orwell make his way into a gaming discussion. Exactly the reason I post on this site and nowhere else.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #51
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
LMFAO. Only at Operation Sports does Orwell make his way into a gaming discussion. Exactly the reason I post on this site and nowhere else.
EA is not only Big Brother, but also Goldstein, both hated and loved. In Newspeak: doublebe. For you see, with all enemies defeated Big Brother had to give the proles something to hate, and even when directed at EA this hatred only made Big Brother more powerful. The proles ranted on and on at the Madden forum with a fury that made rabid dogs look tame, and who else was there to sooth them, but Big Brother. It was complete and utter annihilation of consciousness itself. Big Brother had not won, because there was nothing to win. Big Brother even ceased to exist in the mind of the proles, though his picture was everywhere. He had become so ingrained into the system, that he was something like white blood cells, unseen and yet essential. Without him, people would die. No matter how crappy the game, no matter how many broken features, the cycle of love and hate was complete. Flopping bodies made little baby boys who opened their Christmas gifts with glee: the latest copy Madden! They could live again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #52
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

ha ha

thanks professor
Old 05-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #53
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
So far from the vids I have not seen one feature that is ground breaking and(really new) and of the features that 2K8 has had that he is bringing to Madden, the gang tackling function wise is better(9+ people involved) but it does not look as natural as 2K8's version. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt on that feature though and say they have 1up'ed 2K there.

Outside of that can anyone point out a feature that madden 2010 has that 2K8 does not have or a feature that 2K8 has that Madden does equal to or better ?
I think that's my biggest disappointment to date with Madden '10; that much of what Tiburon's touting as new has been done before. Well, it's not disappointment - it's just that there hasn't been anything to be impressed about. I was looking forward to the Pro-Tak blog but imo it was disappointing even w/the caveat that it's early footage. Funny thing is, as unimpressed as I was with it, most of the people that posted were giddy/ecstatic or said it was "good". It's kinda weird to have such a dissimilar view than a lot of people. And sad that some are equating what they're seeing as great. I chose not to post in the thread because I'm sure I would've gotten jumped on as being a fanboy. And especially when Ian still seems to be super-sensitive to criticism:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I wanted to put this out there and rely on you guys to know that you're looking at early software. The other option is you get no early looks ever again.
But hey, maybe he was joking - he did put a happy face at the end lol. At least he didn't go so far as to add some "it was Marketing's fault" disclaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I read LB's blog and it looks like they may have captured the QB gameplay that we already enjoy in 2K8.

Ill be real happy if they manage to get Madden 2010 to the point that it plays 90% like 2k8. However it does burn me up when I see posts from guys getting upset because someone aint falling out over something "new"(Can it really be new if the tech has been around 2 years ?) in madden and when people make suggestions on how to make whatever feature better, they are jumped on as being "haters" or whatever.

All that said. I am hoping the new Madden is gonna be special for all of us. I do hope we all will be pretty pleased with it.
You'll have to point that LB blog out for me. I must admit that I'm pretty shocked to see him so front and center positive when most of the Madden '10 video I've seen to date is pretty meh, outside of how gorgeous it looks in still shots. Perhaps in the end it'll all work out - but right now I'm seeing a lot of the basic player movement/animations and directional control issues that have plagued the game since it jumped to next gen. Granted APF was no where near perfect, but pretty sad that two years after it came out it can still be looked at as a standard-bearer in so many gameplay areas.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #54
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
Every time I read the Madden forum I feel a bit like Winston Smith.
Lol. Down with Big Brother!

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #55
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think that's my biggest disappointment to date with Madden '10; that much of what Tiburon's touting as new has been done before. Well, it's not disappointment - it's just that there hasn't been anything to be impressed about. I was looking forward to the Pro-Tak blog but imo it was disappointing even w/the caveat that it's early footage. Funny thing is, as unimpressed as I was with it, most of the people that posted were giddy/ecstatic or said it was "good". It's kinda weird to have such a dissimilar view than a lot of people. And sad that some are equating what they're seeing as great. I chose not to post in the thread because I'm sure I would've gotten jumped on as being a fanboy. And especially when Ian still seems to be super-sensitive to criticism:

But hey, maybe he was joking - he did put a happy face at the end lol. At least he didn't go so far as to add some "it was Marketing's fault" disclaimer

You'll have to point that LB blog out for me. I must admit that I'm pretty shocked to see him so front and center positive when most of the Madden '10 video I've seen to date is pretty meh, outside of how gorgeous it looks in still shots. Perhaps in the end it'll all work out - but right now I'm seeing a lot of the basic player movement/animations and directional control issues that have plagued the game since it jumped to next gen. Granted APF was no where near perfect, but pretty sad that two years after it came out it can still be looked at as a standard-bearer in so many gameplay areas.

you do know that LB actually has played the game...yes?

i'll take first hand accounts any day over poster's impressions of screens/vids
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #56
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

People are still bitter, because they want to be bitter. Fact of the matter is, as a NFL Football fan, even if you update the rosters in ESPN NFL 2k5 and enjoy that game another year! You still owe it to yourself to try Madden NFL 10 out. It looks to be the NFL game we've been waiting on.

Regardless of the license and so on! Fact of a matter 5 years ago we got messed over, let the past be the past. Eventually we have to grow up and move forward. Stop acting like your sales matter in the equation, you are minor deduction to EA's sales and they will still sale millions even if the game is poop!

If you missed out on Madden 06,07, and 08. I don't blame you, I bought them all on discount they were terrible. If you missed out on Madden NFL 09 it's your loss, I saw it as a move into the right direction. And from the looks of NFL 10. It looks like Ian is putting a lot of what we 2kfans crave in a football game. Not to mention it's finally looks Next-Gen even in the presentation addition. Rather if it's new to you or not on features. EA has never taken this step forward as they are now. And it's to please the masses, not just their own audiences.

Time for us to move forward and enjoy our games. I'll be playing my updated 2k5 and I'll be playing M10 as well. Nothing wrong with diversity in the house. Love them for what they are.

I would have played APF 2k10 but Take Two likes to cancel stuff that matters to their customers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »