Home

I'm starting to love this game...

This is a discussion on I'm starting to love this game... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
I'm starting to love this game...

I started tinkering with the sliders and settings to get it to "fit" the season mode stats, and while I still have some adjustments to make I just had my first really good game against the CPU.

Using some players I created, I took them up against... Eh, forget who... The team with Len Dawson at QB... Anyways, it was a tight defensive game... With the CPU returning an INT just before half to set up a field goal to go up 10-7. I get a touchdown in the third, and late in the fourth the CPU is driving on me... He's taking his own sweet time and under three minutes to go I finally stop him on 3rd and short with about 2:30 to go...

The ball is on around my 25... So, one more play and I got him... Wait... He's gonna kick a FG?! I'm sure I have the game won. He makes the kick... Tries the onside, but fails. I decide to run the ball all three times to force him to use his timeouts... Plus I had already thrown two picks and didn't want to risk it. I figure I can pin him deep with a punt... Which I do...

Long story short, the CPU drives down and kicks the game winning FG with about 20 seconds left!

It didn't feel cheap either... It just felt like I got beat, as my team was built to stop the run... And the CPU capitalized on my mistakes throughout the game.

Up until now I've just been playing this game sort of half-heartedly, mostly wondering how it could've been better. I think it's about time to give this game a true shot, because it seems there might be a true gem here.

I'll post my findings on sliders and settings in the sliders section soon, and reply in this thread when I do. What I'm doing is what I usually do with a sports game, and that is to try to get it so my stats are in line with the rest of the simulated stats in season/franchise mode. I did the same thing with CHoops2K8, and it's made APF a whole lot better...

Well, like I say, more details soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I'm starting to love this game...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

ajwines64's Arena

OVR: 7

Yea I would like to see your slider settings. I have been using another set on here and they play good online but not to good offline.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

I can't say if my sliders will work for everyone, so I'm just gonna do what I did with CHoops: Post what stats to check after each game, along with the corresponding sliders for each stat category so that people can fine tune them to fit their ability.

I'll also go into some detail about my own experience about tweaking the sliders and the apparent effects that they have, so that people get a better idea about how to adjust the sliders and thus get a better experience with the game.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
I can't say if my sliders will work for everyone, so I'm just gonna do what I did with CHoops: Post what stats to check after each game, along with the corresponding sliders for each stat category so that people can fine tune them to fit their ability.

I'll also go into some detail about my own experience about tweaking the sliders and the apparent effects that they have, so that people get a better idea about how to adjust the sliders and thus get a better experience with the game.
Looking forward to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 03:22 AM   #6
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

All right... Got the thread started:

Your Guide to Better Sliders

I'm still working on my sliders, but will post them once I finally get the settings as good as I can get them.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

I just picked this up today and man I am mad at myself for taking so long to pick this up. I see why you are starting to love it. I only played one game and I can already tell that this is a winner.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 07-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #8
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

In my last game I had a play where I threw a swing pass to my HB and ran at an angle towards the sideline after catching the ball. With one man to beat I did a charged spin move and the defender dove and missed, and the play turned into a nice twenty something yard gain.

The sickest thing about it was that when I watched the replay you could see my teammates on the sideline start cheering after I pulled off the spin move! Some of them jumped in the air, some of them pumped their fist... It was one of the coolest things I've seen in a game in a long time.

If you watch closely there are a ton of other little game relevant animations that take place too. I tried to scramble for the first down on a second and long, but got tackled before the first down marker. On the way back to the huddle the QB kind of shrugged his shoulders, as if to say, "It's the best I could do".

This game is thick, rich, and chocolatey.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 07-02-2008 at 06:33 AM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »