Home

Namath CAP?

This is a discussion on Namath CAP? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Namath CAP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
how is namath a gold, i know it is your game, but i can't see how he is a gold quarterback, i dont even think he EVER made a probowl.
He made it to 5 of them. And he was also in the top 5 in completed passes his whole career except for '72, in which year he was 10th. He was in the top 5 of everything every year he played for the most part (interception included ). But even with all those interceptions, you can't look at where he ranked every year or how he played and claim him to be silver, especially since Aikman is gold. Granted he has the rings, but he really had the kind of team that could get Rex Grossman all of those rings as well.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon
He made it to 5 of them. And he was also in the top 5 in completed passes his whole career except for '72, in which year he was 10th. He was in the top 5 of everything every year he played for the most part (interception included ). But even with all those interceptions, you can't look at where he ranked every year or how he played and claim him to be silver, especially since Aikman is gold. Granted he has the rings, but he really had the kind of team that could get Rex Grossman all of those rings as well.
You are grossly underestimating that Jets team. I mean Don Maynard and Matt Snell are silvers in the game. Those 2 in my opinion were better players than Namath. Infact Snell killed the Colts in the superbowl. The Jets defense was also very good.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
You are grossly underestimating that Jets team. I mean Don Maynard and Matt Snell are silvers in the game. Those 2 in my opinion were better players than Namath. Infact Snell killed the Colts in the superbowl. The Jets defense was also very good.
True, True. I know Snell was responsible for the Superbowl Win, no matter what anyone says, but throughout the season I mean, Namath put up great numbers in every column. Granted, Maynard is, in my eyes, one of the best receivers in NFL history, every good QB needs at least one good receiver, it was still Namath that was a great QB, not denying any of the others credit. The Jets defense that year was great, but it wasn't the carry-the-team-all-year-to-a-Superbowl kind of great.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »