Home

The Little Things Revisited

This is a discussion on The Little Things Revisited within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: The Little Things Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
My friend, who just got the game the other day, said he was watching the demo play and the punter had his kick blocked. Then he ran over picked it up and punted it again. He asked me if that was legal lol. I hadn't ever seen that in the game and it's so tight that they put small things like that in the game.
It is legal from the best of my knowledge. Just hard as hell to pull off. After all if you couldn't get the kick off in a organized play what makes you think you're gonna get it off on the fly with a bunch of dudes running around like crazy lol
Old 07-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #34
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

As long as you are behind the lind of scrimmage I believe you can attempt to punt it as may times as you want.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #35
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

I love the fact to be able to bluff formations my pressing RT at the formation select screen.

For instance, press RT on I Jokers, and then then scroll to Ace TE Flip and select your play from in there. When you come out of the huddle, your guys will be in I Jokers, but when you first hit A, your team will switch formations. Kinda fun to mess with your opponents.

Go Badgers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 12:54 AM   #36
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

My last game I had the nicest looking run I've seen in a football game.

Out of the "I" formation I run up the middle behind my fullback, who takes on the oncoming linebacker... The LB pushes him back a bit and I go to the left... My RB puts his arm on the FB's back to get around him... So smooth...

The strong safety comes up to make the tackle, but I put a good juke to the right on him... He freezes in his tracks and kind of falls over, and I immediately do a shoulder charge to deal with the CB who is coming in from my right...

The shoulder charge knocks him over and I stumble ahead past the first down marker, getting dragged down from behind by the free safety.

The whole thing was so fluid and natural... A slight to behold.

Granted, the game's animations don't always string together that nicely, but when they do it is a thing of beauty.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #37
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I love how the leaps at the goal line by the RB's look so realistic. I'm using Marcus Allen on my all-Raiders team and on a 1st-and-goal from the 2, he took the handoff, reached the line and jumped up into the air, extended the ball out across the plane and scored a TD.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #38
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I remember seeing a CAP site where Easely was listed, but I can't seem to find it now. Does one of you have the link?
GOLD
UCLA
SS
6'3"
206 lbs
1-15-59
Big Hit, Coverage Bonus, Run Coverage

EDIT: Might as well post these too... Because Easley probably doesn't get the recognition he should:

The Most Talented Seahawk

Kenny Easley

He was basically on par with the best defensive players of his era. Considering those players included LT, Ronnie Lott, and Mike Singletary... That's sayin' somethin'.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 07-13-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

I was running to the right in practice and I ran by a guy and he tried to reach tackle me.

His forearm hit me in the face and my running back's head shifted backwards and to the side.

It looked so real it scared me.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
^^ man save the replay and upload it somewhere cuz that sounded sweet...i for one never heard this happen before!

i usually save the injury replays i had like 6 save in the old 360 before the great ring of death...i have to start over but to me the greatest little thing (for me anyways) is how the injuries are handled in real time and how they will actually show the replay on how the player was injured

god the specific injury animation for the players are a thing of beauty in the game..its sick to save but its so refreshing to see ingame

god i wish they had a football game coming out this year...if the buyout were to happen at least they couldve given us fans one last hoorah fully customizable football game

Injuries are cool in this game but I hardly ever see them for some reason

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »