Home

Phil Simms CAP

This is a discussion on Phil Simms CAP within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Phil Simms CAP

Hey just looking for some suggestions.

I am letting Silver - Tier - Kicker Jan Stenerud go off my created Giants team after hundreds of games played with him. I hate to see him go since he pretty much stopped any chance of a return by the opposition offline and online.

And made 60 yard field goals a breeze even with heavy wind. However not using a tiered quaterback is just not enough. Tired of trying to win with soley defense and special teams. I want to change up my team to get more offense to help out my 2 tight end threats.

I have watched Simms play for several years but I wanted some thoughts as to what attributes should I give him as a Silver.

Yes Silver, Otis Anderson only went to 2 pro bowls so he should be a bronze but they made him a silver probably because of his Superbowl MVP. Going by that rationale Simms also went to 2 pro bowls and won a Superbowl MVP, not to mention they both shared the same rookie year and they finished 1-2 for rookie of the year in 1979 with Anderson winning the award.

As for the abilities I am thinking....

1. Laser Arm
2. Tough as Nails -or- Pocket Presence

any thoughts??

Sorry for the long winded post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Phil Simms CAP

I'd go laser arm and pocket presence. Tough as nails works, too, but Simms was such a pocket guy that the pocket presence might be the best way to represent his skill set on the field. I remember reading a preview magazine when I was a kid that said the Chrysler building was more mobile than Simms--I still laugh at that one, and it's so true :-). Are you on 360, catchcatch? I'm getting my setup on Monday and will be looking for good gamers to play.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah I ended up using pocket presence since tough as nails was not available for a qb ability.

Those abilities seem to work well to together.

I don't play as much now since it's the off season but when football season is back with college and all I will play more. Add me as a friend.

GT - Catcatch22
Old 07-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Will do. I'll look forward to seeing that Giants team--it's one I've wanted to create for a while. I still remember that '90 Super Bowl like it was yesterday. That was when Parcells was "skinny"--now he looks like he could nurse ten children on each man boob.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »