Home

Team building Ultimate Alliance style!

This is a discussion on Team building Ultimate Alliance style! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Team building Ultimate Alliance style!

If they ever make another All Pro (which is highly unlikely). They need to allow the user to put together teams that actually played together.

Like say the old 49'ers with Montana - Rice - Lott on the team as 3 golds you were *** out on trying to make this legendary team. They should make it like in Marvel Utimate Alliance where you are given bonuses for putting together players that actually played together. Like say for instance the 70's Cowboys with Waters - To Tall Jones - Staubach - Renfro and more and not have a limit as long as you put players together that actually all did at one time in one year.

However once you go over the tier amount for gold, silver or bronze for the team of players that you put together you can't add another player that did not play on the team or a created player. You must stick with "team" players for that year that are in the game.

This would allow you to build those super teams without sacrificing one of the players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Re: Team building Ultimate Alliance style!

For an example here are 2 legendary teams that by the current rules can not be created, but with the suggested guidelines above would make it possible.

1988 San Fransisco 49'ers

Gold
QB - Joe Montana
WR - Jerry Rice
FS - Ronnie Lott

Silver
HB - Roger Craig
TE - Brent Jones

Bronze
FB - Tom Rathman
C - Jessie Sapulo
G - Randy Cross
G - Guy Mcintyre
T - Bubba Paris
WR - John Taylor

1977 Dallas Cowboys

Gold
QB - Roger Staubach
DT - Randy White
FS - Cliff Harris

Silver
DE - To Tall Jones
CB - Mel Renfro
TE - Billy Joe Dupree
WR - Drew Pearson
T - Rayfield Wright

Bronze
SS - Charlie Waters
DE - Harvey Martin
Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Interesting for offline play, but I think you would begin to get bored online. That's all you would see.

I mentioned the other day in the 'other' football game forum that maybe what football games are missing are 'personality types'. Sounds somewhat corny, I know, but the reality of football (or any sport, for that matter) is that player's personalities do have an effect on their performance on the field and their chemistry with other players. So if you have a Michael Irvin type (cocky, arrogant, self-centered... IMO), he might not play well with another player like him.

Of course, getting players to give permission to categorize them in this way might not be very easy...
Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantencza
Interesting for offline play, but I think you would begin to get bored online. That's all you would see.
Well not really because most of the super teams are incomplete and are missing vital components to be successful online.

88 49'ers in this game would have only Lott on defense which would leave your defense very vulnerable to attack.

77 Cowboys would have no runningback and just 2 offensive options in Pearson and Dupree. Defense would be solid but not what most people use in terms of 2-3 defensive backs.

What most people do now online with team building is totally different than how those teams were built. Online it's either 3-4 wide receiver sets with 3-6 defensive backs or 1 Gold back with a stacked defense with 3-6 defensive backs or another variety of stacked defense.. Most people would rather do those combos then pick one of the teams I mentioned. Plus I think those teams are the only teams that have that issue, after doing some more team research.

I don't think there are any other legendary team combos formable in the game that has the gold - silver clash issue like those teams. Unless you count the old Baltimore Colts but other than them I am not sure who else. So all in all it may not be worth it. However it would be nice if we had the option.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Being a niners fan as a kid, I hear you on this one. Lott is my favorite player, but I have having to choose between having him or having Montana to Rice. Haley and Romo would be nice additions to the squad as well. The problem is that these teams would be way gold heavy and it would be hard to establish a rule for parity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

One can make a decent Redskins team, but the players would be from different years.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
One can make a decent Redskins team, but the players would be from different years.
Same with the Eagles
Old 07-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Being a niners fan as a kid, I hear you on this one. Lott is my favorite player, but I have having to choose between having him or having Montana to Rice. Haley and Romo would be nice additions to the squad as well. The problem is that these teams would be way gold heavy and it would be hard to establish a rule for parity.
Well the thought process of more golds and silvers wins would not be the case in this scenario since you can't pick who you want. Plus you can't add anyone else except the team players.

Though your point is valid as well as stantencza that having more of the high tiered players might induce people to only create those teams. I believe once they realize the weaknesses of using said teams, they would most likely go to what everyone does now online of Picking Cunningham, Rice, etc....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »