Home

Players who ball for you

This is a discussion on Players who ball for you within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #25
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Players who ball for you

i see some of u guys have Herman Moore, for the life of me i cant get him to play well, he drops alot of wide open balls for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #26
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
i see some of u guys have Herman Moore, for the life of me i cant get him to play well, he drops alot of wide open balls for me.
i think it is how you use guys. i use paul hornung on my main team and he rocks, but a lot of guys here didn't like him.

i really think it boils down to really learning what each guy can and can't do.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #27
MVP

Radja's Arena

another question, who are the generics that ball for you?

i know the kicker who doesn't ball for me. Epstien. that guy makes every kick over 25 yards a sweaty adventure.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #28
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
a sweaty adventure.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Brazile is a steal. He plays the run far tougher than you'd think, and is good in coverage.

I feel you on Epstein, radja. I can hit pretty consistently from 45 and in, but his kicks tail a bit with even the slightest imprecision on the stick. I finally put a kicker on one of my teams just because I got tired of the unreliability.

As for generics, Supernaw is the obvious choice at CB, but I have a SS on one of my teams who just picked off two passes yesterday and is pretty reliable--I'll have to check his name.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #30
MVP

Radja's Arena

i hate supernaw!!!

playing against my bro-in-law in OT, supernaw made an antonio cromartie one handed falling out of bounds int on a deep out.

i lost the next play on a 65 yard bomb.

stupid supernaw.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Supernaw has burned me a few times before too. I love it when generics do that.

One generic I like is Kory Mustard, a Deep Threat TE. People overlook generic tight ends, and I love to sneak him up the field, or send him on an out and watch him outrun the generic Run Support LB guarding him.

Another legend I have to add is Ernest Givens. I put him in the slot, next to Herman Moore, and his quick feet really help him separate when he makes the cut. Even legend DBs have a hard time staying with him through the break. And the hops are pretty good too--he's gone up to get some balls at the highest point over bigger, better defenders, and he gets his hands on some bad balls because of the jumping ability.

As for the poster who had trouble with Moore, I've been experimenting with Moore and Reed at my SE spot on my passing team, and they play totally differently. Moore is better in traffic and is better at using his body. He's also best on single-cut routes. He lumbers a bit in the route compared to Reed, whose quick feet allow him to make multiple cuts and lose defenders on double moves; Moore takes longer to gather and isn't as precise. But he's bigger and better at using the body to gain position. I like Moore on slants, digs, curls, and quick-hitches.

And man do I love me some Thermal. I just put him on that team, and he's dangerous. He doesn't have the route-running ability, but he runs routes well, and the sure hands are very nice--he really adds to the passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #32
MVP

Radja's Arena

my best generic KR is antwaun albright. i was using night train to return KO's, but he only averaged about 20 yards. i went back to albright and he averaged almost 30.

nolan cromwell is one legend who plays like a silver or gold at times. in real life he was a mega-athlete. he once entered a decathlon in college and, with just a little practice, scored right around 7,000 points. his coach thought he could be world class. he was one of my favorite players when i was a kid because of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »