Home

Players who ball for you

This is a discussion on Players who ball for you within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #353
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Players who ball for you

Also, to add to this discussion, I have a D-heavy team I'm loving right now as well.

3 Silver DL (bethea, Too tall, and Hampton) and Two gold CB's (night trane and brown). I put the CB's on an island in bump and call plays out of 4-4 and bear most of the game. I also have two bronze OLB that help with the pass rush. I played a game last night that was an abslolute blast. The other guy had Sayers and Ditka as his two offensive weapons and neither could get going. The gold Rb kept getting stuffed by my 8-in the box sets, and night trane bumped his way to 3 interceptions, with Lathon getting a fourth off of a tip by Brown. The reason its so fun is because the pressure is constant, so he kept having to throw at Gold Cb's while on the move or earlier than the cut. My O (2 deep threat bronze Wr's, harbaugh, and Metz) was able to put up 24, and I won in OT (he got his points off of a return TD and another off an int i believe, and then late TD in the 4th). fun game.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #354
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
AW, which side do you put Randy White on? I had him right next to Selmon on the weak side and found he got doubled too often to have much of an impact himself. Then again, when I blitzed and he got one on one it was a different story.
My base alignment with that team has Selmon at RDE and White at LDT. This Keeps them both singled most of the game, and I flip spots every so often to keep my opponent from knowing exactly where they'll be or what stunt I'll be calling in a key situation.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #355
MVP

OVR: 18

yeah, if you have a star defensive tackle, make him the second tackle in a 4-3 set, because the game defaults him at rdt, which is automatically double teamed on most plays. he'll have a far greater impact at the second position with single coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #356
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
My base alignment with that team has Selmon at RDE and White at LDT. This Keeps them both singled most of the game, and I flip spots every so often to keep my opponent from knowing exactly where they'll be or what stunt I'll be calling in a key situation.
Montana eats Salmons and uses White Salt as flavor.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #357
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Gold DE's will get you more pressure than gold pass rusher OLB's in a 3-4 overall. They won't be as involved in the run, but they are extremely hard to avoid in the pass game. Gold OLB's are harder to avoid overall when good playcalls are made.

The strategy with a team that has such a fierce pass rush is to just really try to get your opponent into 3rd and long, rush 4 and get off the field. If you played a power run team you'd be putting 8 in the box all day.

Basically 2 of the games best pass rushers really is a hard counter to wide open pass attacks. I'd probably pair a run game of my own with this defense, or at least heavily commit to the run.

It is possible to double team the guys, but it isn't easy to do and you'll ALWAYS have an eye on them during your pass plays (unless you want to get killed ).

My ACQBS2 team had Bethea and Randy White on the DL. With Lambert at ILB I could kill the run game by myself and force those 3rd and longs where the 2 DL just take the game over. Randy White didn't get a sack the first few games, but after that he had at least 1 per game. That's 1 drive killed per game single-handedly by him. Bethea is overrated IMO. I like Youngblood and actually LC Greenwood better. Greenwood's speed rush is just awesome. He plays the run better too.

In a 4-3 defense I find it hard to get off the field if I don't have talent at the DL. No matter how good my DB's are, if I can't pressure the QB I'll get torched.
Roger Craig trucks all your defenders with his knees!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #358
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

can we keep this thread constructive, informative, and mature?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #359
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
can we keep this thread constructive, informative, and mature?
I reported the posts by fire80, so that should be addressed shortly.

Regarding the DE setup, I played Bmore yesterday, and he was rolling with Deacon, whom I haven't used, and he made some great plays. I know Creatine swears by him, but if he can give you similar pass rush numbers and better run defense, which he has, then he and Randy White might be the ultimate combo.

The thing about Selmon is he's soooo explosive. He's like Manley on crack when the swim or club is working. Deacon takes a little longer, but is stronger at the point in the run game.

The thing I don't like about Randy White is that he's less aggressive vs. the run than I would like for a gold. His run defense style is like Hampton's--active but not physical--only I think Hampton is actually better vs. the run than White.

Vs. the pass, though, White is as explosive as Selmon, only he's closer to the QB which makes for some good times on 3rd and long.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #360
MVP

OVR: 55

You are right, Randy White is NOT a gap control type guy. He's a pursuit DT for sure - much like Hampton. He didn't make a ton of tackles in teh backfield against the run, but because he was so fast he could pursue when someone was dancing around upfield.

I just think Deacon is an athlete out there and flies around the field. You are right about his pass rush, he's like LC Greenwood - not big on moves. Yes, Deacon can still get the insta-sack like Selmon (obviously less consistent) but I like how Jones can run the arc and control his lane better. He just feels more imposing to me - whereas Selmon feels more disruptive but less physical. Both are great players. Haven't used Marchetti enough - he's got good abilities too. PR Bonus, Rip, Clutch - yowsa!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »