Home

Players who ball for you

This is a discussion on Players who ball for you within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #377
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Players who ball for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Butkus is a nightmare to control manually, for some bizzare reason.
I used Butkus in our first AC season and controlled him probably 80% of the time. Weird that you guys find him hard to control when it comes to stopping the run; I felt like he did a really good job of shooting gaps and reading run plays. The only thing I had to watch out for was over-pursuit.

He's also effective on delayed blitzes but his zone coverage leaves a little to be desired. And yeah, he hits like a truck.
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

Last edited by DJ; 06-09-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #378
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Yeah, the problem is the run reader attribute.
I've found the opposite to be true. When making my Ray Lewis CAP, run reader was the big difference maker in making him stuff the run. It is the run stopping equivalent to ball hawk as far as I have seen. The guy jumps the run quicker, but can get caught if he fires into the wrong hole.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #379
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

More on Butkus:

I am starting to really enjoy him. He does have good speed, he's just not nimble, so you really have to be purposeful about your direction and be good at hitting your target. He's a good tackler, is long in pass coverage, and will get a tip or two a game. He's agile enough for me to take a way the slant to the TE manually, and he's fast enough to take away the TE post if you control him manually vs. TEs with normal speed. I wouldn't leave him alone in the middle vs. Sharpe, Coates, Mackey, or Christensen, but he's good vs. the rest of the crew.

He's also nice on the blitz. He won't pull off as many special moves as Lambert, but he will get an occasional rip or club, and he's so big that he does a nice job of disrupting lanes and creating pressure by proximity, which we all know affects lower tier QBs.

I've been running this experiment for 5-6 games, and I'm gonna stay with it.

His loose ball magnet is incredible--I forced a fumble (on a big hit click, thanks Kasey!) and he came out of nowhere, out-hustling 4-5 closer candidates for the ball. He's also gotten a pick for me in those 5 games, which isn't a huge stat, but still cool.

When you add it all together, the total package is very good, as everyone else plays extremely well around him. My whole LB corps is now aggressive, big hitters, and sure tacklers; they're also super aggressive in coverage. I'd say in 3-4 of the 5 games, my defense swarmed to the ball so quickly and effectively it was almost unbelievable. They did have one terrible game, but it was one in which I put them in a bad position frequently.

A good strategy for Butkus is to have him moving at the snap in the anticipated direction of the play. This eliminates lead feet. 2-3 times a game I'll make a play call that gives me latitude to move freely and then I'll gamble on play location. He can really blow up a block when given a running start, and he can lay some nice hits that way too.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #380
Rookie

OVR: 14

bump..........
Old 11-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #381
MVP

OVR: 55

SKIDS! Long time no see man!

You KNOW Lambert is the player who always balled for me. I used his unblockable characteristics and minimized his limited mobility/speed with sharp user control. I miss his snarl...

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #382
Rookie

OVR: 14

Been playin a lot of NCAA 11 lately (Robert Griffin's the most fun player to play with in that game ever) and was just reminiscing about some APF. To this date, it's still the best game I've ever played.

That coupled with the fact that we really had some great threads on here discussing this game ad nauseum, just had to bump a few old threads. I'm gonna have to go back and play a bit. And if that editor were to get figured out... the possibilities are exciting.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #383
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Chris Doleman! There is a reason this guy is #4 on the all time sack list and he is quite simply a beast. He's not going to rack up crazy sacks manually controlled but his Pass Rush Bonus - as I have loooong suspected - really helps generics and others rack up team sacks. Not only that, the man is a wall in terms of run coverage much more so than most other DL Legends in the game. I like to use him as the LE due to his size and run coverage abilities.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #384
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Chris Doleman! There is a reason this guy is #4 on the all time sack list and he is quite simply a beast. He's not going to rack up crazy sacks manually controlled but his Pass Rush Bonus - as I have loooong suspected - really helps generics and others rack up team sacks. Not only that, the man is a wall in terms of run coverage much more so than most other DL Legends in the game. I like to use him as the LE due to his size and run coverage abilities.
Nice advice on Coleman, I have noticed him dominate both the run and the pass. Gold and silver TEs all seem too powerful. Maynard and Dwight Clark
are so reliable/ versatile I usually role with them. One player that I don't see that much online is the Rocket. He is amazing, even over the middle where I figured he would struggle. He has to be the best bronze return man in the game too.

Last edited by dirtypeter; 02-11-2011 at 02:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »