Home

Players who ball for you

This is a discussion on Players who ball for you within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #49
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Players who ball for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
1. Thurman Thomas. Does it all, runs hard between the tackles, gets outside and makes people look stupid and is outstanding in the pass game.

2. Jim Harbaugh. I don't know what it is, but my pass game is so much more efficient when I use him. Doesn't have the big arm, but always puts the ball in the right spot.

3. Dwight Clark.Always open, always makes the tough catch, and come 4th quarter time is flat out money. Also gets behind the defense more than you would think, and is damn near unstoppable in the red zone.

4. Rod Woodson. Strong in run support, gets beat at times, but also jumps a lot of routes especially slants for picks. Also has been lights out for me as a returner.
Dude... you got A LOT of catching up to do... your Angel's dynasty page is still in APRIL!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Players who ball for you\

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Dude... you got A LOT of catching up to do... your Angel's dynasty page is still in APRIL!
For some reason I never really get in to my dynasties for baseball until the all-star break.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I agree on Harbaugh. I prefer him to gold QBs. The only higher-tier QB I like better is Stabler, but I get such good performance out of Harbaugh that it frees up the higher-tier pics for other positions.

Woodson is such an enigma. He gets beat, but when he's having a game, he's downright dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
1. Thurman Thomas. Does it all, runs hard between the tackles, gets outside and makes people look stupid and is outstanding in the pass game.

2. Jim Harbaugh. I don't know what it is, but my pass game is so much more efficient when I use him. Doesn't have the big arm, but always puts the ball in the right spot.

3. Dwight Clark.Always open, always makes the tough catch, and come 4th quarter time is flat out money. Also gets behind the defense more than you would think, and is damn near unstoppable in the red zone.

4. Rod Woodson. Strong in run support, gets beat at times, but also jumps a lot of routes especially slants for picks. Also has been lights out for me as a returner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #52
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

John Offerdahl (sic?) and Chris Spielmen.

I'm playing a 3-4 defense right now and these 2 guys are all over the field. Offerdahl is great in pass coverage, especially zones. He reads the QB's well.

Spielmen is awesome against the run. Doesn't get sucked up into blocks and makes a lot of plays right around the line of scrimmage.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ben Coates, Ronnie Lott, and Fred Marion
Old 08-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Ronnie Lott is my favorite all time player, but I get very little production out of him. I tend to get much more out of the SS position.

I have to add Todd Christenesen to the list. Since I went back to my Raiders team, he just destroys folks. I run posts and corners, but also digs and curls, he's just unstoppable.

Jim Parker also gets in there. He doesn't pancake his guy a lot or get down to the 3rd level like Munoz, but he doesn't get beat.

Rosey Brown is also very good at riding his guy wide of the pocket.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #55
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Ronnie Lott is my favorite all time player, but I get very little production out of him. I tend to get much more out of the SS position.
well then, i wish my bro-in-law was like you. unless i have a gold QB i cannot throw to the side lott is on. he will int at least once a game if i have kosar in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #56
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

I have to add Todd Christenesen to the list. Since I went back to my Raiders team, he just destroys folks. I run posts and corners, but also digs and curls, he's just unstoppable.

Jim Parker also gets in there. He doesn't pancake his guy a lot or get down to the 3rd level like Munoz, but he doesn't get beat.

Rosey Brown is also very good at riding his guy wide of the pocket.
Agreed, Ive gotten a few picks and some good coverage out of FS's but they never seem to be in on the play in run support. Probably about 80% of the big runs Ive had against me have gone to the FS side, legend or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »