Home

Gold HB's

This is a discussion on Gold HB's within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Gold HB's

If you like a little wiggle, Floyd Little is a good one. He's no Sayers or Sanders, but he'll outrun some guys for you. I get very good production out of him.

If you use a gold on the OL, you'll notice a massive difference. Running outside you may want a fast pulling guard like Grimm or Little, or a tackle like Munoz. I've used them all and they're great. They really clear the way. And they make the pass rush almost a non-issue. Heck, I have a team with two bronze tackles, and I don't get sacked at all with them. Most people just don't want to "waste" a pick on a non-skill position player. I like to, though.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

That's good advice, I'll definitely experiment a bit.

Part of what I love about this game is that you can try so many different things
Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, the permutations are sick. I try to keep creating fresh teams with new combos to keep things interesting, and I'm still discovering new things. It's great. One guy I hadn't tried until recently was Jim Otto. What a beast. If you run cutback plays with the line pushing one way and you looking for the crease, he creates huge holes. I've found that the higher tier guys are better at working to the second and third levels. There's nothing like watching Grimm chip the DL, push a LB, then flatten a S or CB as you scamper for a 30 yd run. I've seen it happen more than once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yeah, the permutations are sick. I try to keep creating fresh teams with new combos to keep things interesting, and I'm still discovering new things. It's great. One guy I hadn't tried until recently was Jim Otto. What a beast. If you run cutback plays with the line pushing one way and you looking for the crease, he creates huge holes. I've found that the higher tier guys are better at working to the second and third levels. There's nothing like watching Grimm chip the DL, push a LB, then flatten a S or CB as you scamper for a 30 yd run. I've seen it happen more than once.
I'm gonna start adding more offensive lineman. I took 2 brutal losses in games I was in because of generic oline. If anything it's good to add at least one bronze or silver offensive and defensive lineman.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #13
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Like Trojan said, and like in real football a dominant O-Lineman can really turn things around. My 1st season thru I played with Payton (Scissor Kick!!!) but after that I wont build a team CAP or otherwise with out at least 2 silver+ O-lineman.
I also lack good stick skills so Ill usally stick with a bruiser like Okoye or a CAP like Bettis or Riggins.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Fact:

Having a gold HB is the easiest way to play offense in this game.

Especially in leagues, where the patch never got applied and the RBs break a lot more tackles than they do in lobby games.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

It's true, weeman. Gold RBs are the gamebreakers in this title. Good strategy and the right personnel combinations can keep them in check, though. There are guys who can shut Earl down, though I did just get torched today by a guy who was really good with OJ. He averaged 5.4 per carry and got a lot of big yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »