Home

Gold HB's

This is a discussion on Gold HB's within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Gold HB's

I know this has been discussed before, but wanted to bring the topic up again.

I don't know why, but it seems like I very rarely use Gold RB's when creating my teams. I think the only ones I've used are Marcus Allen (on my all-Raiders team) and Emmitt Smith (all-Cowboys).

I've stayed away from Earl, especially after seeing him destroy my teams time and time again with his 15-plus broken tackles a game. Never used Barry or Walter, either.

Usually, I'll grab a bronze HB and that seems to work just fine.

What's everyone's strategy concerning RB's?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Gold HB's

I've tended to stay away from the golds HBs as well, mostly because I've seen them online too much. I have finally put together a team with Barry and one with Earl, but I have made a personal vow not to throw the screen pass to either of them, as I just think that play works ridiculously well and is almost unfair with gold HBs. I really like Barry--he's fun to stop and start with and do cutbacks and stuff. I'm still working on the stick skills, but he's good.

One guy who is good that nobody uses is Leroy Kelly. He has good speed and strength and can really dominate a game.

Lower tiered guys can also get it done for me. Of the bronzes, Freeman McNeill is my favorite--I like guys with cutback ability because of my running style. I can't seem to get production out of the others, though everyone else seems to be able to work wonders with Okoye and Means.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Speaking of bronze RB's, I've been good production out of Floyd Little recently.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

I use a generic back and do just fine with him. If I break 2 tackles with him I'm lucky and if I break 1 per game I had a really good game but he gets me the necessary yards I need. Good play calling and reading the defense and following the blocks and hitting the holes gets me 3-5 yards a play and thats good enough. Don't let me gash 11 yards or more on one play because then he's rolling.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Speaking of bronze RB's, I've been good production out of Floyd Little recently.
Me too. I just switched from McNeill to him, and he's great. He can make the cutback, has nice quicks, and more speed than McNeill. He gets tired a little quicker than some other backs, but I really like him as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

I've been using Barry Sanders as I'm not sure what other position to spend a gold on for offense. The silver QBs can get the job done, and I have 2 bronze WR who struggle at times but they do a decent job.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Not many people do it, but a gold OL can make a huge difference. I've plugged several of them in, and while the generics are largely pretty good, the golds are downright brutal. Gold TEs are nice as well. Ditka is as good as an OL in the run game, and is an absolute beast with the ball in his hands. Mackey is a tough one to match up with as well because of his spee, and he's very strong on kick returns.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Not many people do it, but a gold OL can make a huge difference. I've plugged several of them in, and while the generics are largely pretty good, the golds are downright brutal. Gold TEs are nice as well. Ditka is as good as an OL in the run game, and is an absolute beast with the ball in his hands. Mackey is a tough one to match up with as well because of his spee, and he's very strong on kick returns.
That's true, I've heard Ditka is a beast in the game. I have Joe Jacoby at bronze as my only star lineman, I have some issues at times with pass protection but over the course of the game I'm ok for the most part.

The other issue for me is that I've always preferred speed backs, and most of the lower tiered players used by others seem to not be all that fast. I know many like Okoye, but I'm not much of a pound it out player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »