Home

Still an amazing game

This is a discussion on Still an amazing game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Still an amazing game

I know there are threads like this from time to time, but while waiting for NCAA to come out this year I decided to pop in APF for a few games. It's a real blast taking Barry Sanders and juking your way to glory

Just a fun game with lots of cool elements in it, seeing the computer move the defense around on every play, I also had the computer come out like they were going for it on 4th down only to have them call the TO and then punt.

Great stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Still an amazing game

Well while I agree its a good game its pretty bad when you can score every time if you have a gold QB and a silver or gold WR against a "regular" defender.

I had the football itch so I created a team and had Montana and Fred Belitnicoff "sp". And every time I needed a big play I did a hot route bomb and bang!!! TD!!

I had 302 yds and 4 TD's with him. This game is a fun game but its obviously NOT a simulation of professional football.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
Well while I agree its a good game its pretty bad when you can score every time if you have a gold QB and a silver or gold WR against a "regular" defender.

I had the football itch so I created a team and had Montana and Fred Belitnicoff "sp". And every time I needed a big play I did a hot route bomb and bang!!! TD!!

I had 302 yds and 4 TD's with him. This game is a fun game but its obviously NOT a simulation of professional football.
Have you seen the numbers professional QB's and WR's are putting up nowadays? Some would say the NE Patriots offensive juggernaught was not 'simulation" then.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

I agree the offense is overpowered in the game. I understand why they did it that way but it would have been nice for them to allow poeple who want to play a simulation game another option.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Those of you are finding this game "too easy", try playing a season on legend mode. Last night I started a season and I lost 19-14. One of the best games I have played in a long while against the CPU. Very realistic numbers too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
Those of you are finding this game "too easy", try playing a season on legend mode. Last night I started a season and I lost 19-14. One of the best games I have played in a long while against the CPU. Very realistic numbers too.
I'll have to try Legend. I was playing All-Pro for a while, then moved on to a set of rosters from the 2K site, and recently have been using Koshi's slider set (which are good).
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Old 07-15-2008, 02:58 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

I agree. The game is still not too arcade, but some legends are really overpowering at times. It's fun to play though, I never feel like I'm not having fun as I play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »