Home

My cpu vs cpu games

This is a discussion on My cpu vs cpu games within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 21
My cpu vs cpu games

This is for my man Wayne; some partial cpu vs cpu games I recorded. It's gotten to the point where I barely play with the cpu teams; I've had a ball creating my own teams and playing with those (using a second controller). I was completely wrong in how enjoyable it is to play with teams with NFL likenesses. I still think 2K was in a difficult position because they couldn't base their game off being a psuedo-NFL knockoff, but it's obvious it's the NFL that many of us identify with. I feel I was right about the uniforms though - the game is so much more enjoyable when playing with teams with familar color schemes. Or at least teams with cool color schemes, not the dull/uninspiring unis that are default in the game.

I love how the games flow; how the teams seem to have their own distinct personalities. I haven't had much success getting my created players to play like the legends, so I usually go with legends I feel fit the personality of the team. Bernie Kosar and Cleveland; love his release. Had to create MIA just because I loved Dan Marino's throw so much, and made sure to stick two smallish receivers and a big TE to throw to. PIT and Billy Sims, who's as close to Willie Parker as I could get. CHI/JAX and their defenses. Etc. Either way, something to watch at work. Only could get the first 10min (Youtube limit - also bad vid quality; original capture is actually decent). For some reasons the teams didn't throw a lot early on, and there were some dumb 3rd down decisions. But the games flow so effortlessly; I love how the players interact - either talking trash, displaying appropriate celebrations, little things like the various ways players toss the ball post-play, etc:

CHI vs DAL:

CLE vs. JAX

MIA vs. NE

NYG vs. PIT

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »