Home

How the loss of 2k hurt EA fans the most

This is a discussion on How the loss of 2k hurt EA fans the most within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 02:11 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How the loss of 2k hurt EA fans the most

hurts to see a free market in play doesn't it

The game being bad isn't determined by the companies but rather the consumers. If idiots didn't buy the garbage product every year, they would have to choice but to redesign their game.

football games aren't a necessity item, yet the marketing has blinded people into buying one every year. god bless EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #26
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm amazed at the number of friends on my 360 friend list who have bought this game, after slamming EA for their crappy games. I'll end up playing it later in the year, after I can buy it used from eBay for $20 from one of the suckers who put out $60 for it.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #27
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Very astute observation regarding games being given a fair shot. NCAA's been out less than a week and the new OS saw fit to put out an "remain calm - all is well" article on NCAA.

Less than a week.

Too bad games like MLB2K8 get the opposite treatment; beaten down for the areas they come up short. There are tons of factors that play into making sure the status quo is maintained, regardless of how hard it hits the consumer in the end.
Spank, I really enjoy your posts man. You really pull no punches and I can appreciate that.

I could say a whole lot here but it would just be rehash of what everyone else has already said. We all know how business works in the real world and unfortunately, sim NFL gamers got caught on the "it's business" side of things.

If the NFL even remotely cared about the quality of their game, how could they renew the license immediately after the debacle known as Madden 08? That's what sort of gets under my skin.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #28
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I'm amazed at the number of friends on my 360 friend list who have bought this game, after slamming EA for their crappy games. I'll end up playing it later in the year, after I can buy it used from eBay for $20 from one of the suckers who put out $60 for it.
Amen Brother
Old 07-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Me gusta su sig, MikeRo. Debemos perdonalos, porque no saben lo que hacen
Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #30
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Me gusta su sig, MikeRo. Debemos perdonalos, porque no saben lo que hacen
The gaming community has been likened to a flock of sheep...they just follow and think of little else. Where's the shepard when you need him? We need a Neo (Matrix) type messiah figure to come liberate us from the chains of the machines!!!!! DAMN YOU EA! DAMN YOUUUUUUU!

HA!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
And I bet if I re-read the posts I can already find over 500 different posters who have said "I love this game, but *enter glitch/bug/or gaming issue*, but I love NCAA Football so Im playing the hell outta this game!". And their justification for just trashing $60 is..."its a computer code, they all have glitches, name one code that doesnt".

jesus christ is this what we've come to? Sure EA- take my money, publish a half ars game and make patches later after we shell out our money for half a product.
QFT this what i cant understand you have people out there backing madden and ncaa and the days that the game comes out their already talkin about patches to fix up obvious errors.

IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS WAY

No competition sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Nice post, dunelly. This is exactly it: we're in a free-market economy, and production practices are guided by consumption practices. If Americans were to refuse to buy Fords until they got x number of mpg, you better believe that Ford would make that happen. Same for every type of consumer product.

The problem is that consumer agency gets obscured by the faulty logics of hegemonic capitalism (we have no choice and therefore must buy what the market offers) and marketing (the choices the market offers are good because they tell us so). In the middle of this is the consumer, who can vote with his/her dollar, but very few people are actually willing to do this.

I wonder if and when the day will come when enough consumers choose not to buy some of these products (NFL and its marketing strategies are to blame here, too--remember they're the ones who sold their rights, and any consumer revolt that's to be effective must include a revolt against the NFL . . . like that will ever happen). I for one have purchased my last EA game in NCAA 2009, but I think I'm in the overwhelming minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
hurts to see a free market in play doesn't it

The game being bad isn't determined by the companies but rather the consumers. If idiots didn't buy the garbage product every year, they would have to choice but to redesign their game.

football games aren't a necessity item, yet the marketing has blinded people into buying one every year. god bless EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »