Home

will there be another 2kfootball game?

This is a discussion on will there be another 2kfootball game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #33
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: will there be another 2kfootball game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think we all have biases, or at least most of us do. I don't see how anyone can say they look at anything in a completely unbiased manor, because prior experiences are going to affect how you look at any given thing. As I've said before - of course I have a bias against EA because of their business practices and the quality of some of their sports games. But I can admit when they do well, and have.
Which business practices in particular?

Quote:
This is where you lose me. How is it BLIND defense? You have to ask am I making a legitimate point. Let's take MLB2K8 which you say was unplayable on the PS3. There were PS3 people saying it wasn't, just as there are people saying NCAA isn't as horrid as some are making it out to be. Which is it? Imo it would have to be somewhere in between. I don't know all the ins and outs of the PS3 situation, but I do remember it being said that there was some complication/reason why the PS3 game couldn't be patched in the same manner the 360 version could. I'm sure they could've done a better job of communication, but in the end people have taken that they were flat-out lied to and are almost to a point of being hostile when I see someone trying to talk in the MLB2K forum.

I think when we discussed this last I took MLB's biggest "bug" (framerate) against Madden's (turnovers). The framerate could be fixed by logging out of your profile, at least on the 360 until they patched it. And if the game was as unplayable as you say it was on the PS3, you always had the "greatest baseball game ever created" in MLB the Show as a legitimate option. There was no such fix for the turnovers in Madden, and there definitely was no alternative to go to. And of course you kept saying the situations were still the same or equally bad; some laughable point you were trying to make.

With all this NCAA stuff I've never commented once. Only on my impression of the demo and what I've seen in movies pre-release. I don't go out actively trying to hate on EA as some try to make it out to be. I was one of the people most excited when I saw the McFadden video EA released because it was an innovation I thought would make a huge difference in giving the gamer the ability to be creative. Unfortunately it's not going to have much if any of an impact. But I gave them credit for bringing that innovation. Just because I choose not to wipe the slate clean for them means I can only look at their products unfavorably.
Just like before, rationalizing why the problems with a 2k game aren't as bad. Hell you even take little pokes at MLB The Show.

Quote:
And unfortunately you choose to end with a silly victim comment lol. Now I'm trying to portray myself as a victim? That's news to me - most people were getting on me for picking on Ian in the Madden forum (when I wasn't). Either way, I have no problems letting my posts speak for themselves.
Certainly you portray yourself as the victim. As I said, that's your right, and your posts certainly speak for themselves.

Last edited by bkrich83; 07-29-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Which business practices in particular?
Their business practice of signing exclusives. I know, I know... all these companies wanted to go exclusive and EA was at the right place at the right time. Care to know which games I was talking about not being very good

Quote:
Just like before, rationalizing why the problems with a 2k game aren't as bad. Hell you even take little pokes at MLB The Show.
Was the situation the same? Was MLB's problems as bad as Madden's? You were making the idiotic argument that anything bad is equally bad, that you can't have any progression of something being bad/worse. That's still laughable. And my quotes around the greatest baseball game ever wasn't meant as a poke at the game because I've never played it and only recently saw it in hi-def (it is a very good looking game). I was laughing because I was remembering how you kept trying to make the situation with Madden and having no option the same as MLB2K8 and having the option of playing The Show, if only on the PS3.

Ah, good times.

Quote:
Certainly you portray yourself as the victim. As I said, that's your right, and your posts certainly speak for themselves.
If I say something I try to back it up. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, if I'm right I'm right. I don't retreat to some [insert your fallback argument here] rant:

"you're a fanboy/you're biased"
"you know what I mean" (no, I don't "know" what you mean - just articulate it)

Here I am clowning you AND trying to make myself a victim at the same time? How? The thing is you see what you want to see. You tried to say earlier that I "said" EA was scared of 2K when I said nothing close to that. Yet when I wrote something, that's what you saw. Yeah, my post history speaks for itself

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #35
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Their business practice of signing exclusives. I know, I know... all these companies wanted to go exclusive and EA was at the right place at the right time. Care to know which games I was talking about not being very good
What? So signing exclusive deals is a shady business practice now?

Quote:
Was the situation the same? Was MLB's problems as bad as Madden's? You were making the idiotic argument that anything bad is equally bad, that you can't have any progression of something being bad/worse. That's still laughable. And my quotes around the greatest baseball game ever wasn't meant as a poke at the game because I've never played it and only recently saw it in hi-def (it is a very good looking game). I was laughing because I was remembering how you kept trying to make the situation with Madden and having no option the same as MLB2K8 and having the option of playing The Show, if only on the PS3.
Problems with 2k8 certainly were as bad as Madden. Framerate problems in a baseball game, especially in the batter pitcher interface, are as bad of a problem as there is. Makes the game almost unplayable. I won't even go in to the franchise mode problems, physics problems and CPU AI problem. Although Madden did release an update. Despite being promised one I still haven't received one for 2k8. Having a viable alternative to 2k8 also doesn't excuse the problems with that game. Again, you're rationalzing MLB2k8's problems as being not that bad. When you know as well as I did, had EA released that game you surely wouldn't be doing the same thing.

I stopped playing Madden because of it's problems and I stopped playing 2k8 because of it's problems, that makes them equally as bad for me.

Quote:
If I say something I try to back it up. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, if I'm right I'm right. I don't retreat to some [insert your fallback argument here] rant:

"you're a fanboy/you're biased"
"you know what I mean" (no, I don't "know" what you mean - just articulate it)

Here I am clowning you AND trying to make myself a victim at the same time? How? The thing is you see what you want to see. You tried to say earlier that I "said" EA was scared of 2K when I said nothing close to that. Yet when I wrote something, that's what you saw. Yeah, my post history speaks for itself
I am sure you believe you are clowning me, and that you somehow backup your points. Just like I am sure you believe you don't blindly defend all things 2k, and you believe you give EA a fair shake.

Last edited by bkrich83; 07-29-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
What? So signing exclusive deals is a shady business practice now?
sigh - it's not even worth arguing with you on this one anymore. as with the rest

Quote:
Having a viable alternative to 2k8 also doesn't excuse the problems with that game. Again, you're rationalzing MLB2k8's problems as being not that bad. When you know as well as I did, had EA released that game you surely wouldn't be doing the same thing.
Again, putting words in my mouth. I never excused 2K's problems - I don't know why they had the problems they did. I don't know why Madden had the issues it did. The question was if one situation was worse than the other, and in your stubborness you refused to acknowledge that while you might've been pissed for owning MLB2K8 on the PS3, you had a great alternative in The Show to go to if you wanted to go to it. There is no such option for Madden. But sadly you continue to try to say both situations are the same. Or changing what the argument was lol. I've said my peace; our conversation has devolved to same place they usually do

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #37
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
sigh - it's not even worth arguing with you on this one anymore. as with the rest
What arguing. I wanted to know how the purchasing of exclusive license was bad business practice.

Quote:
Again, putting words in my mouth. I never excused 2K's problems - I don't know why they had the problems they did. I don't know why Madden had the issues it did. The question was if one situation was worse than the other, and in your stubborness you refused to acknowledge that while you might've been pissed for owning MLB2K8 on the PS3, you had a great alternative in The Show to go to if you wanted to go to it. There is no such option for Madden. But sadly you continue to try to say both situations are the same. Or changing what the argument was lol. I've said my peace; our conversation has devolved to same place they usually do
You certainly did excuse 2k's problems. They are the same. Both games were rendered unplayable. Or damn near it. So you rationalized for 2k8's defense. . But yes, the MLB 08 being a great game is an awesome excuse for 2k's game not being as bad as Madden. That's a new strategy. "MLB2k8 it's got a horrendous set of problems, but hey, at least there's a viable alternative" You should write the marketing material for VC.

Last edited by bkrich83; 07-29-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:49 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 10

Still one of the best football games I've played in a long time...

I really hope they ramp up and make another one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »