Home

Cheese Question

This is a discussion on Cheese Question within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Cheese Question

Okay, so I consider myself a very straight-up player, but I had to resort to a tactic the other day that I think may be cheese, and I'm curious to hear your input. I played a guy who used Barry, and he only called two plays all game: a toss out of 4-wide to the 3 receiver side, and a quick fade to Herman Moore on the weak side. I tried EVERYTHING to stop the toss play, but he broke 2 or 3 long tds off on me, as well as a number of other long runs. I called slants, blitzes, zones, hot-routed guys, and I couldn't do anything to even slow that play down.

So what did I do? I manually moved my DE out 3 yards wide of the tackle to try to disrupt the play. It wound up working, as I won the game, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the tactic. Opinions? Strategies for this play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Cheese Question

It's a BS move plain & simple
Old 07-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Lol. Thanks, kantshootrite, for your candor. I have never done this sort of thing in a game, but I also thought it was kind of a bs move to run the same play all game long, especially when it works preternaturally well no matter what defense I call.

So my suspicions that I had crossed the line are confirmed, but the larger question remains--what do you do with this sort of play. I could have sat there and done the normal tactical stuff, which I did for a half, and gotten torn a new one in a terribly annoying way, I suppose, but I wasn't up for that. I'm assuming you've seen this play, so how do you counter it?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Play LB or you could blitz or man your SS on the HB & shade your CB's out & cover the middle with a FS.The best method is to avoid idiots.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

True, I suppose. I feel like most of the online community will just do whatever it takes to win, no matter how unrealistic, and I think that game was my limit point so I decided to fight fire with fire. It's not my style, though, and I think I'll just take my lumps in the future and put those guys on my avoid list.

I hardly ever call deep outs, screens, or 50 swings just because they work way too well in the game, and I don't call the same 5 plays all game. I played a guy yesterday who completed 10 balls to Otis Anderson, and got pretty good yards. That's a problem. I wish there were more out there like that, but c'est la vie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Do you still play APF on the ps3? I still want revenge for those 2 times you beat me my PSN:id is xiv_R_A_I_D_E_R_ if you don't remember
Old 07-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Yup, I have it at home, though I much prefer the 360 version. I don't remember our games, but I have no doubt you'll get your revenge. I'm like 15-30 on 360, so I officially suck now . I return home on Aug. 1, so pm me and we'll schedule a time.

And thanks again for the feedback. It's hard to maintain one's principles in the midst of the unprincipled masses If I see another person try to go do some manual fieldgoal block thing, I think I'm gonna scream!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Rookie

I know what you mean I hadn't played online in a month & then yesterday decided to play & bam no huddle all day same 3 plays he never ran the ball I won the game but it was a very boring game.without playing someone with substance this game turns into a bore fest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »