Home

Cheese Question

This is a discussion on Cheese Question within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Cheese Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yup, I have it at home, though I much prefer the 360 version. I don't remember our games, but I have no doubt you'll get your revenge. I'm like 15-30 on 360, so I officially suck now . I return home on Aug. 1, so pm me and we'll schedule a time.

And thanks again for the feedback. It's hard to maintain one's principles in the midst of the unprincipled masses If I see another person try to go do some manual fieldgoal block thing, I think I'm gonna scream!
What exactly is this?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

So true. I just got my 360 and don't really know who's who yet, and I've played so many annoying people I'm almost sick of it. I've already seen my share of no-huddlers, quick snappers, dime defense all game (which works annoyingly well, even against run plays), super deep dropback and bomb types, fg glitchers, and swing/screen/out types.

It's just a shame that so many people play the same way because it seems to force you to build certain kinds of teams just to shut those styles of play down, and while they can be shut down, playing those kinds of games is ultimately not fun to me. I would much rather play someone with an interesting and innovative team design who uses a realistic variety of plays and approaches, but those are few and far between.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Don't listen to that other guy. What you did was not cheese. When someone is consistently "abusing" a part of the game that can not be stopped by "normal" methods then you do what you have to without abusing any exploit.

Moving a defensive end a few yards out to stop a cheap toss play over and over again is not abusing an exploit.

I will fight fire with fire except I will not go beyond certain aspects like FG block glitching, Blitz glitching and other glitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

I hear you, catchcatch. I respect the opinions of most people on this board, and kantshootrite does have a point, in that moving DL has long been seen as a non-sim move. There are times, though, when people push the limits of my integrity, and the more I play online, the more I feel inclined to fight fire with fire, as you say. Once I see a flea-flicker, I really am tempted to open my offense up. I can score with all of my teams, but I prefer not to go to money plays and instead try to work the ball down the field in a more modest fashion.

I have taken to running a screen if someone is 5-2 blitzing me all game, or doing some other ridiculous blitz combo. While I think that play is boderline garbage because of poor AI, I'll use it if left no other choice.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Don't listen to that other guy. What you did was not cheese. When someone is consistently "abusing" a part of the game that can not be stopped by "normal" methods then you do what you have to without abusing any exploit.

Moving a defensive end a few yards out to stop a cheap toss play over and over again is not abusing an exploit.

I will fight fire with fire except I will not go beyond certain aspects like FG block glitching, Blitz glitching and other glitches.
I agree it is not cheese. If VC would let us spread our d line you wouldn't have to do it manaually.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

I do think the alignments are messed up, especially since if you shift the DL, the LB automatically shift the other way. In the case of this toss play, shifting and slanting my DL was a start, but it automatically mean my LB had no chance at a play because they were set to the weak side with the shift.

The lack of A-gap control also bothers me. QB sneaks are way too easy in this game, and they should give us an alignment and DL logic that takes this out of play or at least makes it much more difficult.

The one thing I do think is way out of line and not excusable as a fix to a design flaw is standing up the DE and moving him up into an ILB or a shallow S position, or positioning them in a gap on the other side of the line to try to force a blocking mistake. I played a guy who did that with Manley every play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »