Home

will there be another 2kfootball game?

This is a discussion on will there be another 2kfootball game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
will there be another 2kfootball game?

do you guys think will see a apf2k10 or sometype of generic football league? i kinda feel like there not because 2k8 sold horribly soo i am having high doubts they will i wish they would though it makes me sick that EA is the only company that makes football games which they do so bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: will there be another 2kfootball game?

I think there will be an APF2K10. Maybe just wishful thinking though. They signed the Legends for a 3 year contract. If not, I'll be playing APF2K8 until something better comes along.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 13

I don't think so...APF was such a huge flop, I doubt if TakeTwo, which is already hanging on for dear life, is willing to invest in orphan projects like APF. It's beginning to dawn on me...we'll never see a non-EA football game ever again. Bummer.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Pietas--faith is one of the cardinal virtues. Surely someone with the screen name "pietas" must know that . Keep hope alive, brotha!

By the way, are you a UMD terp? I'm doing my Ph.D. there.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Pietas--faith is one of the cardinal virtues. Surely someone with the screen name "pietas" must know that . Keep hope alive, brotha!

By the way, are you a UMD terp? I'm doing my Ph.D. there.

Ha - good pickup there, Trojan. Edumacated man, I like it; although I would expect nothing less from a APF fan. Although it's actually "pietaster" (like the band or someone who likes dessert) w/ a "p" tacked on the end because...well, because it was a typo when I originally joined, I guess.

Not a Terp...Spartan, actually, although one of my good friends did grad work there and I think College Park is nice. Also, close to D.C. - one of my all-time fave cities. Hope the doctoral work is going well.

BTW, what made you think I was a Terp?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 01:06 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OMG, that's funny. I thought you were a Terp because you could split up your name into "pietas" and "terp." I studied theology for several years, and I'm now a Terp, so I'm predisposed to see those two words. However, "pietaster" with a "p" on the end is also a perfectly reasonable possibility

College Park is ok, albeit a bit crime-ridden. DC is nice, though.

In any case, friend me if you're on 360 and hit me up anytime. My tag is TrojanMan1978.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
OMG, that's funny. I thought you were a Terp because you could split up your name into "pietas" and "terp." I studied theology for several years, and I'm now a Terp, so I'm predisposed to see those two words. However, "pietaster" with a "p" on the end is also a perfectly reasonable possibility

College Park is ok, albeit a bit crime-ridden. DC is nice, though.

In any case, friend me if you're on 360 and hit me up anytime. My tag is TrojanMan1978.
Heh - that is really good. Thanks for giving me credit for being so highbrow...I guess people see different things in the same letters - there's a psychological experiment in here somewhere, I can smell it.

When I get my XBox back up and running, I'll try to find you.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

I tend to give people on this board credit, as they're very smart for the most part.

I have been wearing this game out, and I would go nuts if they released another one. I would be elated with some tweaks to the defensive AI and even a moderate increase in the kinds of customization we can do. The gameplay were honed just a bit and we were allowed to make the game how we want, I would cream myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »