Home

Manual Blitzing

This is a discussion on Manual Blitzing within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Manual Blitzing

I hear you guys--there are a lot of people online who either cheese with impunity or call cheese when they're getting whipped fairly. The funny thing about this guy who negged me is that he won by 5 points or whatever (on a series of outs and quick fades to Rice no less, lol). My record is like 16-45--I'm in every game but I never win, though I do mete out drives of wicked punishment and get into dudes' heads.

And buddyknox--on the blitzing thing, the key I think is not to go sprinting into the line and hammering the pass rush buttons, but to go 2-3 or 3-4 speed while a lane develops, get your charge, and then burst through. I'm not awesome at it, but when I do well that's how I do it.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Doesn't sound like you were doing anything wrong. I always control a DT so it's never really an issue for me.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

i had a guy give me a neg for playing ball controll offense agaist his rice,maynard, coates, barry sanders team. He was upset cause my drives would last like 3 to 4 minutes. I told the guy , if u want the ball back then stop me and make me punt. i lost the game 17-7.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I hear you guys--there are a lot of people online who either cheese with impunity or call cheese when they're getting whipped fairly. The funny thing about this guy who negged me is that he won by 5 points or whatever (on a series of outs and quick fades to Rice no less, lol). My record is like 16-45--I'm in every game but I never win, though I do mete out drives of wicked punishment and get into dudes' heads.

And buddyknox--on the blitzing thing, the key I think is not to go sprinting into the line and hammering the pass rush buttons, but to go 2-3 or 3-4 speed while a lane develops, get your charge, and then burst through. I'm not awesome at it, but when I do well that's how I do it.
Thats been my problem, I get all hyped up and go blowing into the line like a maniac. Ill try to too 'slow my roll' as the youngster say.

the guys just a cry-baby. 'Outs' to Rice please.....

And speaking of Cheese whats everybodies take on Signal stealer?

Last edited by yamabushi; 07-31-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Okay, time for another opinion poll. I just played a guy named detayl online, and after getting sacked 4 times in the first quarter and a half, he sends me a message telling me he's going to give me a negative rating for manual blitzing.

Now here's the deal--I run a 3-4, and sometimes I take control of the linebacker, rush the specified lane, and try to put a move on the lineman or back. I don't move guys around into weird positions or anything like that; I just take them from where they start and try to rush the lane specified in the play.

The sacks that resulted from my blitzing were mostly from Reggie White, who was manned up on a generic tackle and so went to town. IMO, I wasn't doing anything fishy or glitchy--especially since I followed the play art and didn't move guys around into abnormal positions.

Am I missing something here? Talk amongst yourselves . . .
Dtayl is a dline glitcher anyways so dont stress too much. But in the sim rule Book, Manual blitzingt more than 3-4 times a game is illegal.

-wreckOne
Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I consider myself a pretty straight player, wreck one, but I differ in opinion on this one. The rush lanes, as you have noticed are really screwed up in this game, and players seem to consciously avoid the QB when blitzing, not to mention the fact that they take the wrong gap. Because of this, if I'm sending a blitzer, I'll control that person half the time or so just to assure that they get to the proper hole.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #15
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Im with Trojan on this one. I dont know how to D-Line or manual blitz glitch, I dont know what the FG or punt block thing is, and I dont care to know. If I manually blitz with a LB, Its because I want to blitz or freelance with a LB, not because Im looking for some glitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with the above. Besides, discounting any sort of warp-speed D-line pass rush glitches -- which I wish I knew how to do! -- I think the pass rush in this game isn't as effective as it should be. People seem to think that something is wrong if they can't hold the ball more than a second after the completion of their QB drop; in fact, in real pro football QBs seldom have more than a second to get rid of the ball, unless they're Tom Brady in the first half of last season.

The ball comes out or the QB goes down. That's how it works. Play against the Beasts in practice mode and see how fast the CPU-controlled Reggie White and Too Tall get to you. That's realistic.

Anyway, in terms of blitzing -- a blitz means someone is open or manned up. Find the mismatch and exploit it. Or ... TRY RUNNING THE BALL/INVESTING IN SOME OLINEMEN.

If you're running three-four WR sets, you SHOULD be vulnerable to the blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »