Home

All-Generic Skill Positions

This is a discussion on All-Generic Skill Positions within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: All-Generic Skill Positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
We should play, bigdunks, and test our line-based squads. I'm looking at an all-speed burner line so I can execute both inline plays and stretch and pull plays. I think I can make it with a generic QB, but I'm very skeptical that I'll be able to run with a generic RB. We'll see.
you should be able to run with a generic. i would use a finesse back though. i have had little success with power generics. plus with your star line make all of the correct blocks, you prolly could use that speed to make sure you get to the hole while its still there. i played with my legend heavy o-line against a guy online recently. my subs were out of whack (i redid the whole team) and billy sims kept being out of the lineup. my backup generic rb and for some reason my generic te at times kept lining up at rb. i fixed what i could when i noticed it, but i didnt want to keep the guy waiting. i was able to run and pass very effectively. i'll hit you up.
gamertage: Roguefire Alpha
Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

So close to going 2-0 . . . My DL had 10 sacks--5 1/2 from White, who has just been munching on generic tackles. I went for a 24 yd fg to win with 15 seconds left, but the guy FG glitched me then got the ball and won on the first drive of OT. Shorterboy or something like that is who I played, so look out for the FG thing if you play him.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

I tried to run with a 1 gold, 2 silver, and 2 bronze O-lineman and the rest of my legends on D. Man it was ugly, even with the 'legendary' line I was constantly under pressure 'cause my WRs couldnt get open to save their lives and when they did you would have thought I was throwing the plague at them the way the avoided holding the ball. The O-line also failed to open any holes for RB Slowy McFailure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Lol. Well, I just got it handed to me by urlacher51!. His 3 legend DL killed my 5 legend OL all game, and my DL couldn't do squat. Graham to Rice killed me, and he even tried not to use them, given my secondary .
Old 08-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Yea, the generic WR's drop everything it seems like, which is really frustrating.

Generic QBs are fun to play with though, IMO. I never had much success with RBs. It bothered me to no end how your generics would change if you tried to edit your team at all.

And I also hated how online people would stack their teams on offense or defense, and how everyone used the same players. I would have a balanced team with unusual players and my team would be outmatched
Old 08-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

This happens to me all the time, UNC. I go for balanced or concept teams, and try to use guys I don't see all the time. The result is that I wind up surprising people and hanging in a lot of games, but I usually lose . We should play.

You're right about the generics. I can handle the QBs, but the WRs and RBs are tougher. I have always felt that 2k WRs have too many drops, but I think it's a fun challenge to play with generics at the skill positions. It forces you to be a lot more thoughtful about your playcalling, and a lot more conscious about hitting the proper hole at the proper time, following your blockers, etc.

One thing I've really liked about the legend lines is the time you have to pass. I typically have to move around just a little to avoid a DT who has gotten an inside lane every now and again, but if you have good pocket movement, you can get some nice time to find an open guy. And the generics to a lot better when they're open then when they're in traffic.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #15
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

My first season I had a team with 8 of my 11 guys on defense. On offense I had a bronze OL, TE and RB. My WR's struggled but did make some good plays. The running game saved me and of course, my defense was real strong and kept the game low scoring.

I was thinking of rolling with an all-generic offense just for giggles.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 29

I had an all defensive team and did fine. I'd intercept the ball quite a bit, and rarely would I give up touch downs.

On offense, you just have to be patient. Run for a couple yards, make safe passes, and just make sure you don't ever get sacked or lose too many yards (it's hard to make up), and you'll be fine. I'd probably score 2-3 touchdowns on average with an all generic-offense, on top of usually a touchdown with my defense.

I'd honestly go for 3-4 yard passes, and 1-3 yard runs and basically just use all 3 downs to get those 10 yards. I rarely tried to big plays because they wouldn't work. Just take your time, make small plays that add up and it's a piece of cake.

The only hard part was when I played an all-generic defense. I'd get steamrolled when on D, but I'd score a touchdown every single offensive drive - so all I ever needed was to stop one drive and I'd win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »