Home

Wreck1wreckAll

This is a discussion on Wreck1wreckAll within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #41
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Wreck1wreckAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yes, Musha, this is what's weird about how the 3-2 and the Nickel work when defending the run in this game. In theory, you should be able to iso those formations to death, but the blocking logic will leave one of those ILBs totally unblocked and let them get to the ballcarrier way too quickly. It will also let the DB closest to the TE in on the play much more quickly than happens in real life. If those formations worked as well in real life as they did in the game, then everyone would run them, however they clearly don't.

I played wreckone and considered it a sim game. He ran his formation and beat the piss out of me. I'm fine with it. I feel like a few missed opportunities could have made it a closer game, but I was clearly dominated. No personal problems with wreck, and I gave positive feedback, but I do think there's something funky with the blocking logic regarding those two formations.

The other possibility is that I'm just not good enough yet to beat them
NO Trojan, i disagree, the 3-2 should not shut down the run like it does and people who run this defense all game are lame, its taking advantage of the ai cause the ai cant handle it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I think we're actually agreeing, urlacher--like usual. I think the alignment does some funky things to the blocking AI, but I was just leaving the option open at the end of the email that I might need to improve. It's the traditional humility topos. I don't like it when people run nickle and 3-2 sets all game for these reasons, but I can't make them not do it.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 8

anyone who wins twice as many games as he losses in the lobbies has sportsmanship issues. (more than 50 games played)

Why wouldn't you WANT to handicap YOURSELF so that your games are more competitive within the community.

I would be TOTALLY bored if my record was something like 150 and 20. Whats the point?????

Why not make a team where you have to be creative and WORK at the strategy of the game in order to win?

I purposely ban certain players and certain attributes from MYSELF. If I had them on my team, I would win more than twice as much as I would lose and that would be boring as heck.

My two cents...and I am sticking to it.

If you have more than twice as many wins as losses, I will not play you, since you have sportsmanship issues or maturity issues IMHO.

Some of you may think I am crazy. But its way more fun to have great games where I have to challenge myself to win.

Guys like Wreck may play SIM, but they need to lose some games before I would ever play them.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

That's cool man. I believe we have already played once or maybe twice before...Alot of people tell me straight up that I am too good for them and they wont waste their time getting into a game they know they will probably lose.

On my side of it. I hate losing. And even though, we are all givin 11 legends to work with, I personally dont feel like I've built a team to over power anyone espically on offense.

My game plan has always been, bend but dont break thus the 2 man. I learned that the first couple of times I played this game and realized the offense is a bit lubricated and the Gold RBs and WRs are brutal to defend.

I like to defend more than score on someone. Gettin an int is always more fulfilling than throwing a bomb on someone.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:15 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 8
Red face Re: Wreck1wreckAll

Yes. We've played before. You have beaten me. I gave you positive feedback. You didn't exploit.

But.....why wouldn't you want to create a team that challenges YOU to win.

Not bragging....but if I made a team up of all the players I know I am very good at....attributes on players I know I excel with, based on my style of play.... I would probably have a win loss record like yours....

So....whats the point????

Is that fun????

Stock your roster with players that will challenge YOU and lose some games. Its OK. No ones coming to your house and gonna ask you for money back cause you lose some games.

LOL

-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Barr
Yes. We've played before. You have beaten me. I gave you positive feedback. You didn't exploit.

Not bragging....but if I made a team up of all the players I know I am very good at....attributes on players I know I excel with, based on my style of play.... I would probably have a win loss record like yours....

Is that fun????

Stock your roster with players that will challenge YOU and lose some games. Its OK. No ones coming to your house and gonna ask you for money back cause you lose some games.

LOL

-
For 2k3, 2k4 and 2k5 I ran with team that nonone would even touch. People would ask me, why are you using the texans or the bengals or what not and taking them against the pats and ravens...They used to say dont kid around and waste my time but I went with them and owned.

No different here. But by ure suggestion, I should spend all my picks on the OL and the DL and sub them out as well and then go compete online. I dont know about that.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Barr

Is that fun????

LOL

-
im with you id rather lose a hard fought game than win in a blow out im stunnadb any one wants to play holla at me
Old 08-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

U can holler at me any time db. Almost all of my games are 21-17 with me losing, whether I'm playing the number 15th ranked person or the number 1,000th ranked person, mostly because I switch things up. I get blown out from time to time but usually put up a good, clean, hard fight. Hit me up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »