Home

Biggest Problem with the game for me

This is a discussion on Biggest Problem with the game for me within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Biggest Problem with the game for me

Being able to change my team at the drop of a hat.

What I hate about this game is also the best part. It's annoying because if something goes wrong, you immediately think oh I have to rebuild my team.

When I first got the game, I built my 86-90 era giants and stuck with them good or bad and was ok. I focused more on play calling and protecting weaknesses.

However the more I play the less I focus on that aspect and more on changing legends off one bad performance.

I feel like George Steinbrenner firing Billy Martin, then hire him back, then fire him, then hire him, then fire him.

It has become an endless cycle of replacing legends and not spending a single snap on the practice field where before hand in NFL 2k5 and earlier in All Pro I would spend 3 hours straight just in practice. Sometimes a good 30-45 minutes on 2 plays out of a formation trying to make the adjustments look identical so the opponent does not know which of the two, three, four or five plays I am running. (Out of certain formations I will try to make 3-7 plays work with the same exact adjustments, motion audibles etcetera so that it is almost impossible to dictacte the play call or who I am going to.)

With most of the 2k series once I picked a team (usually the giants), that was it I made my bed and I focused on strictly player positioning and playcalling.

Now with no set teams, I have become lost in the possiblity of millions of combinations between legends, generics and their abilities.

You need one legend to stop this, another to help with that, another to do this and another to stop that.

It was soo much more fun when all I had to worry about was getting Tiki the ball and letting Schockey, Toomer and Hilliard get open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Biggest Problem with the game for me

I actually like the strategy of trying to figure out the perfect combo of legends/generics, but I feel what you're talking about

Philadelphia Eagles
Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Man that is the replay value in this great game!

Every time I lose (rare) or get a weakness exposed I go back to tinkering with my team. Or when I read on a forum here or at 2ksports a player that plays great I'm messing with my team!

it's the ultimate rock, paper, scissors With a limited number of hall of famers you are always exposed somewhere!

Love this game, why no 2K9 I just scratch my head. Is it any wonder 2K games is going bankrupt?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

well CC22, as long as it doesn't effect other aspects of your life like your wife or girlfriend, you will be ok.

"these mash potatoes suck!!!! you're gone, woman!!!!"

"you call that vacuuming!!??!!!?"
Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hear what you're saying catcatch but it also adds to the replayability of the game. I can't tell you how many times at work I've caught myself scribbling down various permutations of teams sets I can make on my work notes. It feels like I'm a kid in high school again avoiding his class work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I can't tell you how much time I waste at work thinking of new teams to put together. I've had a Henry Ellard thing in my head for months, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 13

Yeah, I liked to go over-the-top with one strength or the other, and seeing how well it fit the way I play the game. For example, I'd use all my gold up on Offensive Lineman one time, just to see how that changed things (it actually didn't seem to work out that well....), or all on WR's, or all on D-line or D-backs, and tried to find something that worked. In the end, I think going with all skill guys and trying to out-gun everyone seemed to work best for me, but that's mostly because I suck at playing defense (in any videogame, not just football...).

But, I see what the OP is saying...the minute I start fading against team, I'm thinking "how can I address this by building a new team?" instead of "how the hell am I coming back from this 17-point hole?"....
Old 08-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #8
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

I dont know wether to thank or hate the guy that found out how to copy playbooks. the laborious task of clicking all those plays was the only thing keeping me from making team after team.
Now...... all hope is lost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »