Home

Awesome Play--Just Wanna Share

This is a discussion on Awesome Play--Just Wanna Share within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Awesome Play--Just Wanna Share

This is a defeatist attitude, Yamabushi . You shouldn't give up, you should work harder to get better at working in space on defense--that's what the best players do I've noticed. It may mean taking your lumps, but you can do it. Just put on the hard had, bring the lunch bucket, and head to work!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #10
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

I probably just need to lay off the stick right when I switch, quickly reorient myself, then take control.

or make myself a silver ILB with Quick feet & Big hit and go back to freelancing. (a combo that doesnt exsist for any legend)
Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
By golly, I'm startin' today, and I don't care how many losses it takes till I get there!
Do it man! Like I said in another thread, I've been playing as my gold SS Kenny Easley CAP and it's so nice when you make a big play... Whether it be coming up to snuff out a run, or dropping back and deflecting a pass.

I still have yet to get a user pick, but I think it's because I always use the more general "defend pass" button instead of the specific "go for interception" button.

As far as running past the play and getting burned, I've found that the sensitivity of the analog stick makes a big difference. In other words if you let up on the stick slightly just as you're closing in on the ball carrier, then you're more likely to connect... Whether it be a big hit or just a wrap up tackle.

It all just takes some practice to get comfortable with it, but it's very rewarding...

And remember... You can play defense in PRACTICE MODE too, and even set the offense to only call pass plays, or run plays... Or mix it up if you want.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 08-14-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #12
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

I went back to my 2K5 roots; made a CAP gold ILB with Quick Feet, Ball Strip, and Stamina (an underrated ability) freelanced the whole game and came away with 6 tackles 2 sacks and an assist against the thurman thomas team. Mainly in the 3-4. No forced fumbles yet thu....
Old 08-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #13
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
That just opened up a bunch of stuff about the game for me, cause now I know the ball strip thing happens when you run into the person full contact, not just by diving and that fumbles come from clicks on the big hit stick, not flicks. Changes everything about defensive gameplay.

Now if I could just run into someone on D. I'm the worst at overrunning the play! Anyone else bad at this?
this is why I always scream and shout to have the camera flipped on defense so that you're runnning 'up'. or at least have that option. I bet we'd both be better at it if this happened
Old 08-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
I went back to my 2K5 roots; made a CAP gold ILB with Quick Feet, Ball Strip, and Stamina (an underrated ability) freelanced the whole game and came away with 6 tackles 2 sacks and an assist against the thurman thomas team. Mainly in the 3-4. No forced fumbles yet thu....
Damn, bushi, you're the man! I do think running the other way on d would be a nice option, but c'est la vie. I'm going to work the safety and linebacker stuff for a while. I came really close to user picking a Lofton streak yesterday. The problem is that really close meant a TD for the other guy! That's how ya' learn, though.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

I dont know if Im gonna stick with Ball Strip, I think Big Hit or Wrap up would come into play way more often.

My best play actually came on a 3rd and goal on my 10ish was in a 3-4 with a short zone and MLB blitz and my safetys 'hot'ed into short coverage. It was a roll out to the right, spied the QB then saw the TE cutting left across the middle under the zone, by the time the ball got there I was drapped all over 'em, didnt want to risk a missed deflection either so I just took him down. Looong story short; 3 instead of 7.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »