Home

EA to Purchase Eupohria Engine?

This is a discussion on EA to Purchase Eupohria Engine? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 11:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA to Purchase Eupohria Engine?

Yes, but I also recall reading articles where 2K specifically said they were not going to incorporate either game engines in any of their sports games. I wish I knew which sites they were... maybe teamxbox, can't remember.

Well, one possibility for this game is that because Backbreaker was pushed back to a release date of 09 AND the fact that there will not be a "APF2K" in "2008" could mean that they're both working together or at least the engines are being implemented by 2K.

All I hope for is another version of APF, if it has the new engines in it, fantastic, if not, oh well, at least I got another game.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

It would make sense. Ea has been stealing ideas from 2k for the longest time. They still do to this day. Might be the reason 2k is so hush hush and hasn't reported anything. Also the extra year would give them more the enough time to add the engine to the game. Now all of a sudden rumors are being reported EA is trying to buy the engine. Typical Ea... If 2k drops a bombshell next year with 2k10 and uses the engine, in my opinion the game will be an instant classic before it even comes out. That's why I don't mind 2k taking off the extra year. That way when they do drop something it will be something ground breaking. If not they might as well not make a game at all.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:47 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by musHA
It would make sense. Ea has been stealing ideas from 2k for the longest time. They still do to this day. Might be the reason 2k is so hush hush and hasn't reported anything. Also the extra year would give them more the enough time to add the engine to the game. Now all of a sudden rumors are being reported EA is trying to buy the engine. Typical Ea... If 2k drops a bombshell next year with 2k10 and uses the engine, in my opinion the game will be an instant classic before it even comes out. That's why I don't mind 2k taking off the extra year. That way when they do drop something it will be something ground breaking. If not they might as well not make a game at all.
Probably one of the most "definitive" forum post I have read in a VERY long time. Very well put... On that note... I can go to sleep. Nice conclusion. If I hear anything other than what has already been speculated here, I will post the info.

OS Forums. Top 5 respectable forums on the Net.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #12
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

If EA buys the Euphoria Engine they probably wouldn't even use it. They'd purchase it simply for the fact that they wouldn't want anyone else to have it.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by musHA
Very good point. Anytime EA knows of anything 2K is doing they instantly try to shut it down or copy. As you stated, 2K could implement the new engines & if the takeover doesn't go through, they have a sparkly new game and if it does go down, nothing lost because 2K didn't get the community's hopes up.

Imagine, though, APF with the level of graphics & presentation polish of the NBA 2k franchise and an entirely new physics engine combined with the great football engine.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #14
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6

Although mods have had a quick trigger finger when t comes to Anti-EA threads (and have been lambasted for it), I will give credit where it's due and thank mod fishepa for reopening this thread after further consideration. That is definitely more than his counterparts in the Madden boards offer. So thanks
Old 08-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #15
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
Although mods have had a quick trigger finger when t comes to Anti-EA threads (and have been lambasted for it), I will give credit where it's due and thank mod fishepa for reopening this thread after further consideration. That is definitely more than his counterparts in the Madden boards offer. So thanks
was on the Madden forums and WOW anyone saying anything bad about Madden in a thread was getting locked. I thought having the devs come on the forums was a good thing, boy was i wrong, now nobody can complain about anything with Madden or Ncaa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #16
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

I would think the Euphoria guys would look more too a licensing model like the Unreal engine instead of a 1 time cash in by selling to any 1 developer.

I agree with Buddy though, I seriously doubt EA would use it at all for any sports title, especially ones made by Tibugon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »