Home

Quick Snapping

This is a discussion on Quick Snapping within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Quick Snapping

An etiquette question: what constitutes quick snapping?

Here's why I ask. I play some guys who make like 8 defensive hot routes every play. I feel like I owe it to them in fairness to make one, but I don't really feel like I owe it to them every down to make every possible adjustment to their defense on the field.

Thoughts?

I do let people who audible into many from zone to have their corners reach the right man, but I'm not into letting guys take all day to adjust their stuff. Is it sim to s snap after one adjustment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Quick Snapping

I'm with you I'll give my opponent around five seconds after my offense sets if he can't adjust in that time it's not my problem 2-3 adjustments don't take 8 seconds.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Agreed I give them some time too, especially if I'm running a no huddle and the clock is stopped. Also in my case I tend to make a lot of offensive adjustments so if a player can't make his in that time, then his loss.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Same here. If I run the no huddle, I definitely give the defense time to run back to the line and line up properly. Once they're in their places, though, it's time to snap the ball.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I have no problem with the quick snap as long as they don't abuse it.

However when someone is abusing it I do the audible thing that allows you to make your adjustments and keeps the quick snap cheeser from hiking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
An etiquette question: what constitutes quick snapping?

Here's why I ask. I play some guys who make like 8 defensive hot routes every play. I feel like I owe it to them in fairness to make one, but I don't really feel like I owe it to them every down to make every possible adjustment to their defense on the field.

Thoughts?

I do let people who audible into many from zone to have their corners reach the right man, but I'm not into letting guys take all day to adjust their stuff. Is it sim to s snap after one adjustment?
Quick snapping is cheese. A player on offense should allow you to make a reasonable amounts of adjustments. 4-5 secs after breaking out the huddle is what should be allowed.

Anyone taking lonnger than that is subject to getting hiked on.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

I just started playing online and do all I can not to use any gimmicks, glitches, out-routes, etc. BUT, I want to PLAY, I want to get to the line and run my play, even if it fails. I make no pre-game adjustments, assignments, subs, focus. The only d adjustment I'll make will be one of the audibles built into the game. I start to go to sleep when guys on offense wait until 5 seconds or less to snap the ball.

I'm on the 360 and I'll be playing APF as long as the servers are up, my gamer tag is raging poodle if anyone wants to add me as a friend are looking for a fun game like I described. I don't care if I lose, but all these adjustments make for not a lot of plays in this game, the game is pretty quick as it is. If everyone wants to play chess after every huddle break there aren't many possessions to be had.

Hopefully I'll be back playing soon as my mother has taken ill and I'm staying with her for a bit, I brought my ps2 to her house and bought MLB Power Pros 2008 baseball, AWESOME Japanese big head baseball game from Konami and published by 2K here in the U.S.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »