Home

The BBB (Better Business Bureau)?

This is a discussion on The BBB (Better Business Bureau)? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #17
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The BBB (Better Business Bureau)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
That thread was closed because there was already a discussion about it in the Madden forum.
I think he might be refering to the Dallas Morning News article on the Madden forums and that was locked.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 PM   #18
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
I think he might be refering to the Dallas Morning News article on the Madden forums and that was locked.
Ah, there are so many I get confused. Sorry.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Arent there worst games then Madden? If we are going to report bad games, then why not go ahead and add Backyard Football/ Baseball, 90% of the stuff on the Wii, etc. Yeah Madden is bad, but im pretty sure 70% of the people that bought it are happy w/ it.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dley
Arent there worst games then Madden? If we are going to report bad games, then why not go ahead and add Backyard Football/ Baseball, 90% of the stuff on the Wii, etc. Yeah Madden is bad, but im pretty sure 70% of the people that bought it are happy w/ it.
not an accurate comparison..

the problem is choice. If you want to play NFL football , there is only one choice, and that is EA Sports Madden Football.

If people had a choice to buy another NFL licensed game, you wouldn't see nearly as much EA hating going everywhere.

people are angry they do not have a choice anymore when it comes to playing an NFL Licensed football game.

isn't this what makes America the best country in the world?
eliminating choice and variety is never a good thing.

Last edited by boooey; 08-26-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I wanted to comment on this.

The BBB helped me alot last year. I got a copy of Madden 08 and it was flat out terrible with the fumble problems, roster glitch, big arm glitch, ect ect.

So this is what I did. I called EA, they tried to give me the run around. I asked to speak to the head man in charge. They gave me a supervisor. He asked what was happening. I gave him the whole scope.

I told him I want to send Madden 08 in and get NCAA 08. He said we can't do that, blah blah blah. So I said ok, well I am going to call the BBB and make sure this is another mark on EA's book and that a supervisor of this company would not even help.

Then the whole thing changed, he told me to do him a favor. He said for me to help find these bugs, keep madden 08, PLUS he will send me NCAA 08 for free.

I told him that sounded like a wonderful idea.

Well he actully called me back months later and made sure everything was still ok and shot the Sh&% with him on the phone for a good 30min about just pointless BS.

So in the end the BBB "threat" got me two titles for free. BUT it was never intended that way on my part. It was offered from them and I just accepted. I never thought that would of been the out come of me calling but it was nice to see them go out of there way to help me and make things right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #22
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I wanted to comment on this.

The BBB helped me alot last year. I got a copy of Madden 08 and it was flat out terrible with the fumble problems, roster glitch, big arm glitch, ect ect.

So this is what I did. I called EA, they tried to give me the run around. I asked to speak to the head man in charge. They gave me a supervisor. He asked what was happening. I gave him the whole scope.

I told him I want to send Madden 08 in and get NCAA 08. He said we can't do that, blah blah blah. So I said ok, well I am going to call the BBB and make sure this is another mark on EA's book and that a supervisor of this company would not even help.

Then the whole thing changed, he told me to do him a favor. He said for me to help find these bugs, keep madden 08, PLUS he will send me NCAA 08 for free.

I told him that sounded like a wonderful idea.

Well he actully called me back months later and made sure everything was still ok and shot the Sh&% with him on the phone for a good 30min about just pointless BS.

So in the end the BBB "threat" got me two titles for free. BUT it was never intended that way on my part. It was offered from them and I just accepted. I never thought that would of been the out come of me calling but it was nice to see them go out of there way to help me and make things right.
so, how did the process of you finding bugs for them go?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Well we discussed the sim stats and then I explained about the big arm glitch. Which they were unaware about. I was pretty surprised considering it was so popular a issue but he acted like it was important and called me back a day later to make sure he had the steps correct to get it to work.

Really did not do a whole lot, I think it was mainly to give them a reason to bend the rules per se and send me a copy of another title, even though it is with the same major company.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

Wait, this is a SERIOUS thread?
ahahahahahaha. thank you so much, i needed a laugh tonight!
(what about all the bugs in 2k???)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »