Home

Going to the dark side

This is a discussion on Going to the dark side within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Going to the dark side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
That's why I have updated my rosters on ESPN 2K5. Also I did pick up Madden, but I think I may wait for the 2nd patch before I really start getting into it. The one thing that is really lacking is the presentation and crowd atmosphere. Other than that it is a good game, not a great game.
Yeah, the things they'll address in the 2nd patch will make things even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantshootrite
The thing is some people prefer great game-play & a great football atmosphere over a mediocre representation of professional football that is Madden 09.I wish I could enjoy it hell everyone does nobody wants to play with oldschool player's & generic dude's named supernaw.Some people just want a game with great game-play & depth & aren't willing to sacrifice it for official teams.
The game play in Madden 09 is great, imo. As for presentation, what makes it mediocre to you? As for depth, I haven't even started franchise or superstar modes yet, but I'm sure that adds a lot of depth to the game.

Philadelphia Eagles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMC
The game play in Madden 09 is great, imo. As for presentation, what makes it mediocre to you? As for depth, I haven't even started franchise or superstar modes yet, but I'm sure that adds a lot of depth to the game.
presentation
What I mean by presentation is everything from commentating,crowd,bench activity,zebra's,cut scenes,celebrations between play's,player chatter(COUNTER!!!Counter!!counter!!)You know the small stuff that when added together makes an impact & when it's not added destroys everything.

Game-play
feel's the same that's plain to see no drastic improvements & I was talking about game-play depth not game modes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Do you see how in APF section here there has been threads called "the little things" Well for Madden, there is NO little things. I didnt see any.
Yeah, this is a great point. There isn't any little things thread in the Madden section.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantshootrite
presentation
What I mean by presentation is everything from commentating,crowd,bench activity,zebra's,cut scenes,celebrations between play's,player chatter(COUNTER!!!Counter!!counter!!)You know the small stuff that when added together makes an impact & when it's not added destroys everything.

Game-play
feel's the same that's plain to see no drastic improvements & I was talking about game-play depth not game modes
Oh, ok

I don't pay attention to the bench or cut scenes (I actually skipped that stuff in AP2K8) but I can see how not having that stuff can turn some people off.

As long as the game is fun & challenging, I'm good.

Philadelphia Eagles
Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Yeah, this is a great point. There isn't any little things thread in the Madden section.
I agree, that was a great point. There was one, but it didn't last very long

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
What i actually meant was, when you play the game and you see something in game and go, "ooh, nice attention to detail dev's." You dont see that in Madden. The game itself has no little things that make the game overall better.

After playing the game for a week and a half i have probably seen every single animation that game has. This is only after about 20 or so games. In APF after 600 plus games i was still see'ing new animations and going wow, that is pretty cool. Madden just does NOT have a wow factor at all.

Also, patches arent magical they cant fix what the main problem is with Madden. They can make the game a little better, but the core of the gameplay is whats wrong with it.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
That's why I have updated my rosters on ESPN 2K5. Also I did pick up Madden, but I think I may wait for the 2nd patch before I really start getting into it. The one thing that is really lacking is the presentation and crowd atmosphere. Other than that it is a good game, not a great game.
Totally Agree. Madden 09 is a good game, but far from great. And this, is ultimately what's most exasperating. As being the only football game on the market, given the power of the current gen hardware, and given the past three years to make the massive strides that would push the Madden franchise above and beyond - EA continues to fail. Until they actually throw in every ounce of effort, the Madden series will always be a decent football game, but NEVER............great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
What i actually meant was, when you play the game and you see something in game and go, "ooh, nice attention to detail dev's." You dont see that in Madden. The game itself has no little things that make the game overall better.

After playing the game for a week and a half i have probably seen every single animation that game has. This is only after about 20 or so games. In APF after 600 plus games i was still see'ing new animations and going wow, that is pretty cool. Madden just does NOT have a wow factor at all.
I agree with that because Madden is missing all the little things, but the counter point could also be that APF took a lot of the little things out that were present in 2K5 like pre, mid & post game highlights along with post-game interviews. Also, the presentation in APF just was not on par in anyway with 2K5; yes, they didn't have the ESPN license but they still could have made some nice layouts & screen overlays.

With that said, I still do continue to see new animations and moves even to this day in APF. I saw some whicked hits layed by Schmidt (Gold, ILB) because nobody ever plays with him. I've also seen some new "penalty" animations recently online with face-masks & holding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »