Home

All Pro Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on All Pro Pet Peeves within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: All Pro Pet Peeves

As great as Ronnie Lott was, i am sure he got ran over a few time. I would be willing to say more then a few times. Everyone gets ran over. Offensively and/or defensively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 10:28 AM   #26
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
As great as Ronnie Lott was, i am sure he got ran over a few time. I would be willing to say more then a few times. Everyone gets ran over. Offensively and/or defensively.
I don't think he means they way people get run over in this game.

Yes Lott got ran over, I remember Bavaro doing it a few times. However Lott didn't fly off the guy like a rag doll with no weight or heft.

Too many times the animation shows guys flying off of the ball carriers like they are a blow up doll or something, while the runner shows little or no signs of being hit or anything. They continue running as if a 200lb+ buy never touched him.

This happens alot when you have reach tackle guys on your team and don't have big hit, wrap or strength to go with it.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 34

I have another pet peeve: The dang ballhawk attribute that causes animations which will dtake an in position DB totally out of what should be an easy play.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I have another pet peeve: The dang ballhawk attribute that causes animations which will dtake an in position DB totally out of what should be an easy play.
So true. That attribute is a blessing and a curse. It will lead to nice interceptions and pass-breakups, but also really awkward animations that leave you screwed. I suppose that's 2k's way of rendering the concept of the "gambler," who tries as often as possible to play the ball. The result is a good number of turnovers, but also the potential for extreme embarrassment if the player misjudges.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Too many times the animation shows guys flying off of the ball carriers like they are a blow up doll or something, while the runner shows little or no signs of being hit or anything. They continue running as if a 200lb+ buy never touched him.
It usually occurs when the reach attempt tackles are attempted from what I've seen. I kind of like the animation/effect myself, but it definitely needed tweaking. I would've loved to had seen what 2K could've done with tweaking the effects for slowing the ball carrier appropriately when contact is made, and also tweaking the directional movement/control. I've seen some cool directional change anims I've seen done only by Emmitt Smith; it would've been great to have seen that system improved on and applied to all players. I have a few saved replays of it I plan on recording and posting

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #30
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Going for 2 in a situation where a team normally would not is the cheese that reflects a player's desperation for a "W".

I have faced a lot of these. But, the worst is when you play someone ranked fairly high (2K rank) and they realize they can't stop you. So, instead of relying on a stop somewhere down the line they go for 2 early, even in the 1st Q.

That's not football, at any level.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #31
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

focus bug, ive givin up big plays at the end of games because of this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Where the heck do you people come up with these things?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »