Home

All Pro Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on All Pro Pet Peeves within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: All Pro Pet Peeves

I'm sending a hit squad after Woodson, yo. I wouldn't change that D either--that was far and away the most dominating defensive performance I've ever seen on this game, and I've played like 500 games. The weird thing about Woodson is that he'll have 3 INT games and games where he gets beat fo 100 yds, at least for me. With those DTs, though, you're really minimizing the chance of getting burned; they flat out killed my OL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #42
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Buddy, what DT's do you use that are effectice enough to get pressure on Troj? He's very good, so if he says you generated pressure from the d-line, I'm listening.

I figured it was OK to ask since you play on 360 and I play on PS3.

Thing is, I have tried so hard to use D-line legends in hopes of getting pressure without blitzing all the time. But, it never works out that well. I get run on up the middle when I try 2 Gold DE's.

Once, I tried 4 d-line legends and still got very little production other than once or twice a half.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

I'll tell ya, sl: Brown at RDT and Millard at LDT. And Buddy routinely kicks my a**--with generics!

If you're looking to get some pressure with a gold, you should try Leroy Selmon. I put him on a team just for fun, and he had 4 sacks. I used him when the game first came out, and that team dominated as well because of his constant pressure. If you back him up with someone like Lloyd on the outside to give run support to that side, you should be set, though I might say he's not terrible against the run.

BTW, I've adjusted play style per our last conversation, so hit me up if you're ever online
Old 09-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #44
MVP

slthree's Arena

Hey Troj, who does he use as LB's and in the secondary and where does he use his generics?

On the other note, i thought you moved over and only played on 360, no?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Oh yeah, I forgot we played on PS3--you should definitely make the switch if you can afford it. The game is markedly better on 360. I especially love that Earl was toned down and the auto-strafe bs was removed.

The only guys I can remember from the D at the moment are:
G Woodson

S Brown
S Millard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #46
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Buddy, what DT's do you use that are effectice enough to get pressure on Troj? He's very good, so if he says you generated pressure from the d-line, I'm listening.

I figured it was OK to ask since you play on 360 and I play on PS3.

Thing is, I have tried so hard to use D-line legends in hopes of getting pressure without blitzing all the time. But, it never works out that well. I get run on up the middle when I try 2 Gold DE's.

Once, I tried 4 d-line legends and still got very little production other than once or twice a half.
Rod Woodson CB
Willie Brown CB

Jerome Brown DT
Keith Millard DT
Jack Tatum FS

Albert Lewis CB
Chris Spielman ILB

I like this setup because Brown and Millard make it difficult to run up the gut and they're able to provide a nice pass rush. If guys run to the outside, Spielman is speedy enough to get to them. This defense seems to keep a lot of people off balance. They start rushing their passes and I'm able to get easy picks. I've tried an all legend d-line a couple of times and didn't really get great results. Brown and Millard are beasts when working together.

I used to have All Pro on the PS3 and I vouch for Trojan when he says it's much better on 360. If you ever make the jump it would be worth picking up again.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #47
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
Rod Woodson CB
Willie Brown CB

Jerome Brown DT
Keith Millard DT
Jack Tatum FS

Albert Lewis CB
Chris Spielman ILB

I like this setup because Brown and Millard make it difficult to run up the gut and they're able to provide a nice pass rush. If guys run to the outside, Spielman is speedy enough to get to them. This defense seems to keep a lot of people off balance. They start rushing their passes and I'm able to get easy picks. I've tried an all legend d-line a couple of times and didn't really get great results. Brown and Millard are beasts when working together.

I used to have All Pro on the PS3 and I vouch for Trojan when he says it's much better on 360. If you ever make the jump it would be worth picking up again.
thanks Buddy. 3 Questions:

Where do u line up Lewis? (perhaps u use Woodson at safety)

What offense do u roll with?

Do you play Spielman in the middle of a 4-3 or do you move him around?

If you don't want to give it out here, would you pm me? I'd like to try something new.

Last edited by slthree; 09-17-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #48
MVP

slthree's Arena

A question for both of you (Buddy n Troj):

How do you set your generics?

Oline,Dline: pass or run

LB's: coverage, run, balanced

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »