Home

All Pro Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on All Pro Pet Peeves within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 01:24 AM   #57
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: All Pro Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
I made a change today and replaced Albert Lewis with Charlie Waters because the 3rd cb is uneccessary. If my opponent has a good tight end I usually put Woodson on him and let Brown handle the best receiver. I use Spielman to shadow the running back, zone the middle, and double team. He's a huge factor.
Out of a 4-3, if you run "Cover 2 man", you let the 2OLB's drop off and hot route Speilman to man the HB?

I'm assuming if you man a good TE with Woodson, you no longer run a zone in the middle? And, doesn't that place a generic CH on the 2nd receiver?

Man, I feel like a rookie coach picking the brain of an established coach. Thanks for helping.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:55 AM   #58
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Lol, I think I'm a pretty good player but my record says otherwise. What I do with Spielman really all depends on the situation. In a 4-3 cover 2 man, I watch to see what the running back does at the snap. If he goes out for a pass or runs then I stay with him. If he blocks I help zone the middle or guard a reciever. Every now and then I'll blitz with as well.

Just because I use Woodson on the TE doesn't mean I don't zone in the middle. A lot of guys like going over the middle with their tight ends on 3rd and long. Having Woodson guarding him, Spielman in a zone, and Tatum over the top makes that play damn near impossible to make.

Does that place a generic corner on a second wide receiver? Yeah it does. But with two safeties you reduce your chances of getting burned. I let my generics handle bronze receivers when they have to, but they'll get killed against silver and golds. Mix up giving the receiver room and bumping them at the line. Pay attention to your opponents tendencies and the situation to make good defensive play calls. Football is all about probability. Use what works but remember to mix it up.

Btw, I don't control Spielman the whole game. I like to blitz with my d-linemen and use my secondary players as well.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 32

It's cool that after a year we are having this thread and this type of discussion. The thread started about pet peeves but turned into players attribute and team building. I think this is saying alot about the quality of this game.

I still think this is the best looking, best playing, and deepest football game ever. I am still learning new things we I come here and when I play.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
Lol, I think I'm a pretty good player but my record says otherwise. What I do with Spielman really all depends on the situation. In a 4-3 cover 2 man, I watch to see what the running back does at the snap. If he goes out for a pass or runs then I stay with him. If he blocks I help zone the middle or guard a reciever. Every now and then I'll blitz with as well.

Just because I use Woodson on the TE doesn't mean I don't zone in the middle. A lot of guys like going over the middle with their tight ends on 3rd and long. Having Woodson guarding him, Spielman in a zone, and Tatum over the top makes that play damn near impossible to make.

Does that place a generic corner on a second wide receiver? Yeah it does. But with two safeties you reduce your chances of getting burned. I let my generics handle bronze receivers when they have to, but they'll get killed against silver and golds. Mix up giving the receiver room and bumping them at the line. Pay attention to your opponents tendencies and the situation to make good defensive play calls. Football is all about probability. Use what works but remember to mix it up.

Btw, I don't control Spielman the whole game. I like to blitz with my d-linemen and use my secondary players as well.
First, of all the girl in your avatar is killing me. Second, how effective is your blitz packages?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Pet peeve: everyone I've played in the top 100, pretty much. I'm at 250 or so, and that's as high as I want to go. Beyond that, it seems that everyone is looking to play the game in a way that feels a little cheap to me. Tons of deep outs, frequent play-action rollouts and throws to the ridiculously wide open slant-corner route, lots of 4 WR spread offenses with a gold back to take advantage of the poor defensive response to the HB dive when spread out, lots of hot routed quick fades versus zone to take advantage of the misrecognition by the DB AI . . .

Is that even fun? I fail to see how that could be entertaining, and I think I'm just gonna forgo playing people ranked in that stratum even if they have good feedback.

/rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #62
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Pet peeve: everyone I've played in the top 100, pretty much. I'm at 250 or so, and that's as high as I want to go. Beyond that, it seems that everyone is looking to play the game in a way that feels a little cheap to me. Tons of deep outs, frequent play-action rollouts and throws to the ridiculously wide open slant-corner route, lots of 4 WR spread offenses with a gold back to take advantage of the poor defensive response to the HB dive when spread out, lots of hot routed quick fades versus zone to take advantage of the misrecognition by the DB AI . . .

Is that even fun? I fail to see how that could be entertaining, and I think I'm just gonna forgo playing people ranked in that stratum even if they have good feedback.

/rant
I couldn't have said it better.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

auto ****ing strafe on the ps3 version it's horrible!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Go 360, brother!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »