Home

All Pro Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on All Pro Pet Peeves within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #65
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: All Pro Pet Peeves

so I'm browsing this thread and reading the different posts and I see that TrojanMan has a 360 now?

We should hook up some time. I've only played two games since I picked the game back up so I'll need some time to get my feet back under me and re-learn the controls and whatnot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Yeah, man, hit me up anytime. I love this game on the 360. My record blows, but I'll give you a good game.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 35

Last night some guy ranked top 100 would run like 5 or 6 yds than stop and when i went to tackle him my guys just bounced off of him. He'd stop after every catch too, he was obviously killing the clock, in the 2nd half it was 21-28 and we had the ball each only once, than his connection died, i was so happy.

But ive played guys that looked at replays after every play, and if he got a big hit or a long play, he'd rewind it over and over and over again, it was ridiculous. He quit with 1:30 left after i picked him while i was up 11 and i told him to get that fake madden crap outta here. He used shotgun the whole time and did a no huddle.

People that go for 2 irritate me alot to, its just not cool or fun when they do that.

And people dont seem to ever be on anymore, i go in there and maybe 2 ppl tops are in the all pro room.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #68
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Last night some guy ranked top 100 would run like 5 or 6 yds than stop and when i went to tackle him my guys just bounced off of him. He'd stop after every catch too, he was obviously killing the clock, in the 2nd half it was 21-28 and we had the ball each only once, than his connection died, i was so happy.

But ive played guys that looked at replays after every play, and if he got a big hit or a long play, he'd rewind it over and over and over again, it was ridiculous. He quit with 1:30 left after i picked him while i was up 11 and i told him to get that fake madden crap outta here. He used shotgun the whole time and did a no huddle.

People that go for 2 irritate me alot to, its just not cool or fun when they do that.

And people dont seem to ever be on anymore, i go in there and maybe 2 ppl tops are in the all pro room.
Ah I hate when people start killing the clock early! I played a dude who was up by a td at halftime and for the rest of the game he let the play clock go to 1 second before hiking the ball. Very irritating game.

I need to learn that you are what your reputation says you are! I like playing guys that I'm familiar with or with a high rep, but sometimes I just wanna play a game and don't feel like waiting. 9 times out of 10 the person I play ends up being a waste of time. I went against a dude last night who ran with Montana and 4 wide receivers. He passed 47 times, ran once, and no huddled all game. You can only hold down an offense like that so much. I hadn't played a team like that in a while, I forgot how frustrating it could be.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 09-25-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: oopsey daze
Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
Ah I hate when people start killing the clock early! I played a dude who was up by a td at halftime and for the rest of the game he let the play clock go to 1 second before hiking the ball. Very irritating game.

I need to learn that you are what your reputation says you are! I like playing guys that I'm familiar with or with a high rep, but sometimes I just wanna play a game and don't feel like waiting. 9 times out of 10 the person I play ends up being a waste of time. I went against a dude last night who ran with Montana and 4 wide receivers. He passed 47 times, ran once, and no huddled all game. You can only hold down an offense like that so much. I hadn't played a team like that in a while, I forgot how frustrating it could be.
Yeah, my favorite is Montana, Rice, Coates, Maynard, Clark and Moore all game. If you don't have the DBs to man up with that squad, you see hot route fades and outs all game. If you do man up, somebody's gonna be open. You have to get lucky to beat that setup. I just don't see the fun in it, but some do.

I just wish all those people would go play Madden.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:25 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Going for 2 in a situation where a team normally would not is the cheese that reflects a player's desperation for a "W".

I have faced a lot of these. But, the worst is when you play someone ranked fairly high (2K rank) and they realize they can't stop you. So, instead of relying on a stop somewhere down the line they go for 2 early, even in the 1st Q.

That's not football, at any level.
Not to sound as though I condone this kind of behavior because I dont, but although it does not happen at the professional or even college level as far as I know (dont know strategies for all of the FCS and dII and dIII schools) a lot of highschool teams never kick extra points
Old 10-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Seeing the same team composition all the **** time. It seems like the majority of people who play this game, and especially those in the higher ranks, just want to bomb away all game. I rarely see teams with diverse personnel combinations. I purposefully put together teams I think it will be challenging to win with, but it seems like most do just the opposite.

/rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

People who don't know Football & play like mad men

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »